Charlotte Lala

Ink Cutter

Hello,

I just noticed that one of my "blades" is almost like a pen. This might be a given, but what type of projects can I do with this ink on my vinyl? Does the ink hold up on projects that will be placed outdoors? (i'm guessing not too much). Is this ink blade more for smaller projects that do not require a lot of color to begin with?

If you have any examples of what you have done, that would be great to give me an idea. 

Many times, people have problems setting up their cutter and making adjustments to their cutter, so they use the pen tool, instead of wasting vinyl.  You can also see how your design looks, by using the pen tool, instead of cutting vinyl. (checking errors in the design).  You can also tell if your problem is a static problem. Most likely if the design completes with the pen tool, and paper, then you have a static problem. Vinyl creates a lot of static and will stop your cutter with the blade in, touching the vinyl.  

• Like 1

I've used the pen tool many times. When I import, download, create, etc. a new project I will draw it out on paper to see what it will look like. I then look for any uneven lines, out of round areas, and any other needed repairs. I then open the file in the node mode and make the repairs. The pen tool has saved me from wasting vinyl many times. Years back I purchased drop in "pens" that Graphtec made and sold that take the place of the blade holder. I still use them because I can pry off the top cap and add regular printer ink in them.