Sign in to follow this  
kainth.c.s

Suggestions for Printing on Greaseproof paper

Hello everybody

Can we print on the greaseproof paper (used to wrap Donuts, Breads, Pies etc.) using a normal Laser printer?

pretty sure it will melt (the coating that makes it grease proof)  with the unit that heats the toner to cure it - but who knows - something I personally wouldn't try

On 2/26/2021 at 7:17 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

pretty sure it will melt (the coating that makes it grease proof)  with the unit that heats the toner to cure it - but who knows - something I personally wouldn't try

Thanks. So would a normal Ink printer do the trick? It is a one off job that we need to do,; however, the catch is that it is going into a bakery shop so I guess there might be issues with the ink in case it starts to come off.

Any suggestions please?

1 minute ago, kainth.c.s said:

Thanks. So would a normal Ink printer do the trick? It is a one off job that we need to do,; however, the catch is that it is going into a bakery shop so I guess there might be issues with the ink in case it starts to come off.

Any suggestions please?

Also you need food safe ink, betting they are normally offset printed.  Personally if the liability outweighs the reward I pass.  Trying to do every job that is not in your area of expertise is a sure way to get caught up in a bad situation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dakotagrafx said:

Also you need food safe ink, betting they are normally offset printed.  Personally if the liability outweighs the reward I pass.  Trying to do every job that is not in your area of expertise is a sure way to get caught up in a bad situation. 

Thanks pal. Will convey the message

I know our paper used to use soybean based ink - but unsure what is considered food safe 

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I know our paper used to use soybean based ink - but unsure what is considered food safe 

Even I am not 100% sure, but I guess the Ink that contains minimum amount of chemicals