lucaquick

rohs 721 driver

Hi guys, i'm here for ask your help.

I have a rohs 721 cutting plotter, and I can't find the correct USB driver for win10

Could you help me, please?

I use the SignCut 2 

THANK YOU SO MUCH

37 minutes ago, lucaquick said:

Hi guys, i'm here for ask your help.

I have a rohs 721 cutting plotter, and I can't find the correct USB driver for win10

Could you help me, please?

I use the SignCut 2 

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Have you tried this from Google: https://jmjm.info/2398-rohs-721-cutting-plotter-drivers.html

I solved the USB Driver problems!

BUT NOW i have a new problem!!!:unsure::(

When I cut the vinyl the lines are very croocked!!!!

I think the problem is the offset

Is it possible resolve this?

The range correct for offset are from 0 to 1, inside the software it's set on 0,25

What can I do to have a correct cut?

show pictures.   You have to set the blade depth correct first, and then the blade offset.  Use the TEST feature on your vinyl cutter. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. 

• Like 1

Also, offset only effects the corners of a cut, not the line itself. As Skeeter said, get your blade depth set correctly and if it's still doing it post a photo or two if you can.

• Like 2

Today I changed the blade.

I set the blade and I tested It, this Is the result. Same problem!

If you can, help me!

Thank you so much

I tested with the pen tool and the result Is better, the corner and the Lines are correct.

IMG_20210303_204402.jpg

IMG_20210303_204414.jpg

IMG_20210303_204436.jpg

3 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

What does the plotters self test look like?

Not good!

The square outside better, but in the square inside the corner are a little bit rounded

If your blade is set correctly and your corners are still being rounded then it's time to start adjusting the offset.

7 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

If your blade is set correctly and your corners are still being rounded then it's time to start adjusting the offset.

Where can i adjust the offset?

I use signcut

I send the test result.

The first and second starting from the right are with the cutting tool installed in the rear position of the plotter

the others are with the toll installed on the first hole of the plotter

they look the same to me.

The second photo show the difference between the pen tool and the cut tool

both of them with the tool in the first front hole

with pen is better 

1614857070925.jpg

1614857921092.jpg

That test cut looks really bad. The test with the pin looks better so that would indicate you have a problem with the blade or the blade holder.  Inspect your holder arm closely and make sure there are no cracks. It's easy to tighten the arm too much and crack it which would then allow the blade to wobble.

Have you tried calling tech support? I think that's were we are at now, not sure how much more the forum users can help.

1 minute ago, darcshadow said:

That test cut looks really bad. The test with the pin looks better so that would indicate you have a problem with the blade or the blade holder.  Inspect your holder arm closely and make sure there are no cracks. It's easy to tighten the arm too much and crack it which would then allow the blade to wobble.

Have you tried calling tech support? I think that's were we are at now, not sure how much more the forum users can help.

The holder arm is the same for cutting tool and pen tool, there are only two holes for instal the tools

Why with pen the looks is better?

1614869192065.jpg

Did you ever adjust the blade offset in Signcut?   A pen will be zero offset. A pen does not drag like a knife.   Can you show a pic of the blade sticking out of the blade holder? 

9 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Did you ever adjust the blade offset in Signcut?   A pen will be zero offset. A pen does not drag like a knife. 

I tried put 0 offset or 1 offset but the result look similar!

which one blade is better 30°/45°/60°?

can it depend on that?

or can depend on the position of the tool?

or there is a programme better for adjust the offset?

Blade offset should start at 0.25mm,  adjust at 0.05 plus or minus. Til corners are sharp.  Show picture of the blade sticking out of the blade holder, that might help. Biggest problem with people setting up a vinyl cutter, is they have too much blade exposed out of the blade holder.  That must be set correctly first, or other settings.  will not be correct. That blade should be so far in the blade holder that you think it won't even cut. You should barely see or feel the tip.   It's less blade ,more force to cut correctly. 

18 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Blade offset should start at 0.25mm,  adjust at 0.05 plus or minus. Til corners are sharp.  Show picture of the blade sticking out of the blade holder, that might help. Biggest problem with people setting up a vinyl cutter, is they have too much blade exposed out of the blade holder.  That must be set correctly first, or other settings.  will not be correct. That blade should be so far in the blade holder that you think it won't even cut. You should barely see or feel the tip.   It's less blade ,more force to cut correctly. 

this is the blade sticking in the holder!

1614871602171.jpg

1614871461806.jpg

One of those holder spots is for the pin and over hard plastic. the other is for the knife and over the cutting strip. I forget which is which. I think the one you have the blade holder installed in the photo is the one for the pen. If that is the case you've very likely broken the tip of your blade.

In front is usually the pen,  If it's over the teflon cutting strip, then it's the blade. Try backing the blade in further until it can't cut. Then bring out just a tiny bit. Use more force to cut. 

i partly solved and improved the problem!

see the result in the pictures!

I removed the front plastic case, and tightened all the screws well!

The result, i think look very well!...also given the small size of the writings "ASD" in the DOG vinyl

What do you thinks?

Any suggestions for better more the final result?

1614877305920.jpg

1614877305918.jpg

1614877305919.jpg

1614877305915.jpg

1614877305916.jpg