VinylM

Brick and mortar store prices

Hi there,

im looking for some guidance on pricing when it comes to making sure you can pay employees, rent, insurance and utilities. I’m not looking for the at home DIY prices. Is there anyone in here that has a store front and can tell me how they base their prices to make sure they cover their overhead and make a profit please? 
Thank you in advance for your guidance! 

Prices, wages, insurance, rent and other items are based on your locale. It is also based on your items and quality on what buyers will spend.  Do you have the perfect niche' that will draw buyers?  Or do you plan to sell what everyone else is selling? If that is the case, buyers will find the cheapest online.  How many other shops are close? Go into shops, looks at their prices.  Only you know what you need to make a profit.   I don't base any of my prices on what others have priced. If you don't have the service and quality and the items that buyers want, plus know how to run a business, you may never have a profit. If we all knew what sells the best, we would all be rich. 

• Like 1

This question reminds me of a particular episode of Marcus Limonis' program "The Profit"

(long preview)

• Like 1

You have to figure your hard cost, overhead including rents, insurance, taxes, utilities, cost of advertising also licensing fees and any municipal fees plus the profit margin you expect.......I believe you will find that is why most small graphic and sign people work from home or even a utility shed....I have a mobile office.....basically a small mobile home set up for construction jobs... as a shop and it works great.   You have to do a large volume of sales to make any money with a store front.....in my area the average small store front is around a grand rent or more depending of traffic volume.

• Like 2