This is my first post please bear with me through this.  I have a Signmaster cutter and my needle has never had to be removed or adjusted.  Now all of a sudden as i send the art to be cut the needle doesnt even touch the vinyl.  I adjusted it for the very first time, but, if i do it slides across and ruins the vinyl and the job.  Are there settings that would put it where it belongs so that it wont 1. cut up my vinyl or 2. go through the cut process and doesnt even touch the vinyl?  Please help me. I've been at this for hours. 

KIND REGARDS! 

This is the correct way to set your blade depth (not called needle) for any vinyl cutter.   

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. 

• Like 2

Sounds like your cutting arm is not moving. Watch the arm holding the blade/blade holder. Does it go up and down?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

This is the correct way to set your blade depth (not called needle) for any vinyl cutter.   

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. 

Thanks for your response.  I did exactly what you said over and over today and it didn't change anything unfortunately. I pressed the blade down to make certain it was steady and it was but no change. 

2 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Sounds like your cutting arm is not moving. Watch the arm holding the blade/blade holder. Does it go up and down?

I will check.  I had to walk away because I sat for hours to no avail. and didn't want to get frustrated. 

Never heard of a Signmaster vinyl cutter.  Signmaster is a brand of cutting software.  So are you sure that is the name of the vinyl cutter?   Where did you buy it?  Also make sure that the wheels of the carriage head are firmly down in the rail.   Are you sure that you have the blade holder firmly down in the carriage arm? 

It may be as simple as the knife is not installed into the machines holder correctly.  Not that I have ever been in a hurry and missed the slot for it...:mellow:

12 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Never heard of a Signmaster vinyl cutter.  Signmaster is a brand of cutting software.  So are you sure that is the name of the vinyl cutter?   Where did you buy it?  Also make sure that the wheels of the carriage head are firmly down in the rail.   Are you sure that you have the blade holder firmly down in the carriage arm? 

Looks like that is the name of the software, you're correct.  It's a US Cutter. This is new for me so my terminology for what's what may be off.  I purchased from lashop.com and yes nothing has changed.  The carriage is steady, the blade is firmly in place.  I have used it over & over and it worked perfectly.  

What makes you think this cutter is from UScutter? .  UScutter has their own website, as well as UScutter site on Ebay. And Amazon.  UScutter does not provide Signmaster software, they provide Vinyl master software.   Can you provide an ad for the cutter that you purchased. If some other company is selling UScutter vinyl cutters, then that company is responsible for your tech support.   Show some pictures of the carriage head and blade holder in the arm, We can't tell what your doing.  You never did answer if the carriage arm  was going up and down while the cutter is cutting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

What makes you think this cutter is from UScutter? .  UScutter has their own website, as well as UScutter site on Ebay. And Amazon.  UScutter does not provide Signmaster software, they provide Vinyl master software.   Can you provide an ad for the cutter that you purchased. If some other company is selling UScutter vinyl cutters, then that company is responsible for your tech support.   Show some pictures of the carriage head and blade holder in the arm, We can't tell what your doing.  You never did answer if the carriage arm  was going up and down while the cutter is cutting. 

AGAIN, this is new to me so bear with me.  Now that im looking closer the arm is not moving up and down.  Seems like it does at one point and not the other.  I'll reach out to their support which isnt very helpful at all.  They only lead you to the manual which i have definitely troubleshooted with numerous times.  Theyre basically like Amazon. They sell other people items and ship them. Support isnt familiar.  Welp, thanks! 

16 hours ago, AJennine said:

I will check.  I had to walk away because I sat for hours to no avail. and didn't want to get frustrated. 

18 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Looks like it's NOT moving.  :( 

Well if the arm is not moving up and down, then it may very well be a fried z chip or motherboard.  Hopefully you grounded the cutter to the stand when you set it up, or you will keep having the same problem.  UScutter is not responsible for 3rd party sales.  But what I see of those cutters, on the lashop.com ad. they are not UScutter vinyl cutters anyway.  So, what makes you think they are from UScutter?   ON Amazon USCutter is actually selling the items,shipping them and providing support. not Amazon. Just like on Ebay also. There are many cheap Chinese vinyl cutters out there that are sold on those types of sites.   These are the only value vinyl cutters that UScutter sells.  UScutter only has 3 different brands of value cutters, and they are nothing what is on that lashop ad. 

https://www.uscutter.com/Value-Cutters

12 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Well if the arm is not moving up and down, then it may very well be a fried z chip or motherboard.  Hopefully you grounded the cutter to the stand when you set it up, or you will keep having the same problem.  UScutter is not responsible for 3rd party sales.  But what I see of those cutters, on the lashop.com ad. they are not UScutter vinyl cutters anyway.  So, what makes you think they are from UScutter?   ON Amazon USCutter is actually selling the items, not Amazon. And UScutter is the tech support. Just like on Ebay also. 

I'll get it handled.  Not looking for who is who. Just looking for help. Peace.  

As I stated, if the zchip is fried, it will need to be replaced on the motherboard.   Cutter should be grounded to stand with a wire. Vinyl creates all kinds of static and that static goes thru the carriage head. Then fries the zchip.   You will need to know what brand of vinyl cutter that is, and where you would need to get your vinyl cutter replacement parts from, for the vinyl cutter brand that you have. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AJennine said:

AGAIN, this is new to me so bear with me.  Now that im looking closer the arm is not moving up and down.  Seems like it does at one point and not the other.  I'll reach out to their support which isnt very helpful at all.  They only lead you to the manual which i have definitely troubleshooted with numerous times.  Theyre basically like Amazon. They sell other people items and ship them. Support isnt familiar.  Welp, thanks! 

We have someone like that here in michigan that sells a my plotter bundle for 3 times the price and knows nothing about the plotters.  It is sad to see