Sign in to follow this  
JOSE GARCIA

GRAPHTEC CE6000-60 NOT WORKING

Some time ago, our electrician was doing some job at the warehouse, and he touched something that cause the power to go off / on..

From that day my plotter did not cut anymore. I thought the mother board had died, since it did not start anymore. I tried several times, and suddenly one day it turned on again. I was able to set it to Factory Settings, and run a test in the machine. It worked. But the problem is connecting it to the computer: it does not recognize it. I bought a new USB 2.0 cable, and nothing, even tried in different computers; so, I bought a 32 pin to USB cable, and it didn't work. My guess is the side where the usb is connected to the computer might have received the damage of the electric charge.

I am just thinking on throwing it away, unless someone here can provide me with an idea, since I am not an electronic's expert. Please feel free to share if you have experience with this, Thanks,

Joe.

You stated.  I bought a 32 pin to USB cable, and it didn't work.  What didn't work about it?   So you down loaded the driver and installed it?  And it didn't show a com port in your computer?  Not all USB to serial cables will work with a vinyl cutter.  We only recommend a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter or a Belkin.  Then add a null modem cable between the Adapter and vinyl cutter.   That cutter has a RS-232C connection.  I found that on the specs.   Are you sure it is 32 pin?   Both of my FC units only have a RS232C 25 pin connection.  Haumana how many pins are on your Graphtec CE6000 for the RS232C?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JOSE GARCIA said:

Some time ago, our electrician was doing some job at the warehouse, and he touched something that cause the power to go off / on..

From that day my plotter did not cut anymore. I thought the mother board had died, since it did not start anymore. I tried several times, and suddenly one day it turned on again. I was able to set it to Factory Settings, and run a test in the machine. It worked. But the problem is connecting it to the computer: it does not recognize it. I bought a new USB 2.0 cable, and nothing, even tried in different computers; so, I bought a 32 pin to USB cable, and it didn't work. My guess is the side where the usb is connected to the computer might have received the damage of the electric charge.

I am just thinking on throwing it away, unless someone here can provide me with an idea, since I am not an electronic's expert. Please feel free to share if you have experience with this, Thanks,

Joe.

Could be a main board that runs around $650.   If it comes down to disposing it I might be interested in paying shipping for the plotter and stand to fiddle with it.