RocketRollinSX

Inverted Round Corners

I am trying to create a border with rounded corners.  But I want the radius to be inverted vs the standard rounded corner.  Does anyone know how to do this in SignBlazer?

I found this online, if you can make it work in your software  "It is not hard to learn this technique. It is the same as rounding corners with one small added step: you need to add a negative (-) before the number assigned to the radius. So, instead of a radius of 0.25, the radius will be -0.25. Doing this one small step will cause the corners to bump into the square rather than round out."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, arty-rc said:

Even at my age I learn something new every day. Thanks SKEETER

Shoot yeah!  That likely would have been a bit easier than the steps I took when I was designing some ceiling tray a couple years back...:)

Laid it out with vinyl to get my sizing before cutting the wood.

IMG_0681.thumb.jpg.8e98166f5b8458be4a6ae5c89f2e1c5b.jpg

IMG_0768.thumb.jpg.800818e6bdcc04ac8dcdde7f83c0fe62.jpg

• Like 1

Signblazer has an automated way of doing this, although it's not as intuitive as I would like. Select your square tool and then right click on your drawing, manually enter start and stop points for your square, then select the type of corner you want from the drop down menu and then select the corner radius. Hit ok and your square will appear. I can not figure out how to do this after you've drawn the square though.

Vinyl Master also has a drop down menu that lets you change corner type as well.