dvddvd

Block shadow in one piece?

Then i want to cut the black block shadow out in one piece and then layer the red DISCO on top. There seems to be a padding around the font and when i try to cut the black block shadow out it wants to cut the white lines out too not just a solid black block?

any ideas? thanks

The simple answer is that you cannot just do the background without the actual text while it's still in font form. You need to convert it to curves (line drawing), then edit out the nodes you do not want.

Hi I did weld to convert it so its editable.

Then I changed it to colour wire view and deleted the bits I didnt want. It worked in the end but I thought there would be a quicker way? Thanks

It would be helpful when asking for assistance, if you post what you have tried first, so that others can help you do corrective step, streamline the process, or confirm what you've tried is the only way to go.

• Like 1

I would convert to curves, then do a break apart and weld. It'll leave you with just the black shadow. If you still want to words, you'll need to duplicate them and move them out of the way before doing the break apart and weld.

Also, you might want to do some node editing on the text, there are what look like some stray nodes causing sharp points in the S, C, and O

• Like 3

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.