Sign in to follow this  
tempurasupplyco.

contour cutting stops short of 3rd registration mark, pulling my hair out

i get the prismcut is new to us and all

if I would have known this problem would have shown itself more often, I would have done more research into other cutters

the contour cutting system is acting really, really stupid on me

it will read the first two regmarks just fine, goes up to the 3rd one

and just stops short of the 3rd mark, I know this thing can work, I got it to work before.

but now im frustrated, I depend on this machine for my hobby, and the contour cutting is such a dealbreaker that I end up hand cutting my designs and my hands are starting to cramp

any idea if it could be the regmarks or the vinyl im using, its not exactly 8.5x11? ill upload a cutting file and where it stops so we have the full documentation for this machine

but come on man, it looks so nice and ive had it for months, 700 dollars got me like 50 dollars worth of cutting because this contour setup just sucks, ive tried calibration, all 4 available ARMS regmarks

nothing, just stops short of the 3rd mark and im ready to smash this machine, I wont because i need it and its 700 dollars man...

im also using the stock vinylmaster software

20210214_214104.jpg

SERIES1-PAGE1.pdf

You might have better luck looking up problems for a Skycut vinyl cutter.  The Prism is a rebranded  Skycut..  I have only seen couple on here have one.  No regulars do, so I don't know who could answer your question. 

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You might have better luck looking up problems for a Skycut vinyl cutter.  The Prism is a rebranded  Skycut..  I have only seen couple on here have one.  No regulars do, so I don't know who could answer your question. 

https://knkusa.com/forums/topic/print-and-cut-unable-to-find-registration-mark-after-calibrating/

I found this, I do want to help documenting in anyway, im kinda mad that the Skycut is red, would bought that instead, but it looks like I should not send the registration marks to the machine?

but in order to actually cut, it needs to know it has it, ill update what I can, but whew this is frustrating

i have noticed something in my software. 

i am using VinylMaster and trying to cut again with failure, i noticed something: my margins are off vertically, the top margin is smaller compared to the bottom margin, is there a way to fix it, i tried plain copy paper and it read the margins, albeit it climbed upwards to reach the 3rd one, something that it wont do now.

VinylMaster_ZnQz8QQDeo.thumb.png.b0957166f95f1b138f423cda0f9264f7.png