1clo1

Multiple color design.

Hello everyone, 

I am working a a vinyl project that has 3 colors, my question is, would it be best to  cut all 3 colors and apply to substrate individually  to get the design,  or should I put them all together on one backing paper then apply at once?

Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, 1clo1 said:

Hello everyone, 

I am working a a vinyl project that has 3 colors, my question is, would it be best to  cut all 3 colors and apply to substrate individually  to get the design,  or should I put them all together on one backing paper then apply at once?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Depends on complexity, size, and personal preference. Trial and error.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, haumana said:

Depends on complexity, size, and personal preference. Trial and error.

Thanks, so with that answer, I'm guessing either one will work.

• Like 1

Just now, 1clo1 said:

Thanks, so with that answer, I'm guessing either one will work.

Sorry. Yes, either will work. It can also be done wet or dry, depending on what you're applying it to. Just make sure you use a paper tape if you do a wet application, and that whatever you're applying it to has a clean surface.

1 minute ago, haumana said:

Sorry. Yes, either will work. It can also be done wet or dry, depending on what you're applying it to. Just make sure you use a paper tape if you do a wet application, and that whatever you're applying it to has a clean surface.

Thanks. It's going on a Back window of a vehicle.

Typically, you will get less bubbling if you apply each color individually to the window. But as haumana said, it depends on the design and personal preference. Either option will work.

• Like 1

Paper tape, apply each layer on its' own. Use RapidTac2 app fluid (which also cleans the window prior to applying vinyl -- cars go through car washes that typically spray some clearcoat and wax stuff, that needs to be eliminated).

Trying to get all three layers into one backing sheet is not easy. Try a test, you'll see.