CoastalBoards

Cutting off part of a image.

I feel like this should be a pretty easy thing to do but I can seem to figure it out.  

I'm using VM LTR and I have an image that I have vectorized.  Currently the image is 28x40 but I need the image to be 24x40 so I can cut on my 28" SC2 but obviously to retain the correct aspect ratio it changes the width AND height (all I want to do is change the width).  Is there a way to just cut or remove 4 inches from one side of the image?  TIA

I am using a demo.  And it has a little padlock up by the  width x length.   Click it and Unlock it, then change your sizes.  It says proportional on/off. I just learned that.  It also depends on what your image looks like.  :P

padlock.JPG

• Like 1

well we can't answer your question, without seeing the image.  And please don't post copyrighted work.   Maybe you are talking about tiling a design. 

• Like 1

I'll use this guy as an example

If I unlock the padlock and change the width, it becomes what you see on the left.

I just want to remove (cut) a portion of the image away, straight down from top to bottom.

image.thumb.png.2de1eebe62dd4a8bbbba8f51a2f784a4.png

If your talking about splitting the design and cutting the second half,  and put 2 pieces together applying the vinyl, .it would be tiling.  Other than that I have no clue what you are talking about. 

I just want to make part of the image go away like you see below

Here, I just placed a white box over a portion of the image so you can see what I'm trying to accomplish.  The whole image is still there in wireframe mode.

image.thumb.png.b5afd4a68794ec3c15094907b3c238ea.png

If you make your layout screen the size of 24"w x 40" L,  and put the design in it, with the 4" outside the square,  Does it cut that 4"?  Or does it just cut up to it?    I could do it on my cutting software,  Flexi..  I don't know what Vinyl master cuts past that layout screen.   Or what your cutter reads.  

I don't know if this will work in VM, but in SignBlazer, all I have to do is create the white rectangle over the part to 'crop' and then Select All and "WELD" and that's it.

• Like 1

Color of the box, wouldn't matter, and you would want to use the punch option, I forget what VM calls it. This video should show you what you need. Just going by the description of the video, I can't actually view it from my work right now.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.