Sign in to follow this  
Jocobipa

Seiki H720

I purchased this used Seiki h720 but when I got home I found out that it needs a computer 32-bit I have a 64 and I think the dongle that came with it is broken what is the best software that I will be able to use with this machine that will connect directly from the computer straight to the plotter?

IMG_20210207_114548714.jpg

A 32 bit will work on a 64 bit computer.  A 64 bit will not work on a 32 bit.   Which software? Flexistarter came with mine.  What makes you think the dongle is broken?  You have to download the driver for the dongle. Then reboot the computer, before adding the dongle to the computer  USB com port. 

This is a pic of the dongle the guy that I bought it from said it was broken but could be fixed but I don't think so and when I loaded the software it told me it was not compatible so when I try to open it it won't open.

IMG_20210207_100601455.jpg

What cutting software? You would still need to download the driver for the dongle. I would not know how to fix it.  Mine looks like this.  When it is working, it is lit up. 

Flexi10 legal with dongle.jpg

You might be able to use Signblazer.  It is free.  Download the bottom link.  (turn off the anti virus on your computer)  And try the Liyu model.  Might work, might not.  If it doesn't you are going to have to purchase cutting software.  For $59.00 and up   you can go to the Vinylmaster.com site.  You could try a demo there first. 

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/

Liyu for Seiki? I don't think so. Seiki is a strange beast, very proprietary. 

That dongle doesn't look broken, it just appears like the outer case is missing!

Slice, you said the same thing back in August 2020.   Try the Liyu first for a Seiki.  

4. Your SK720 is a SEIKI unit. In SignBlazer, there is no specific driver for Seiki. So, you'll have to try several options from the long list, going through it and choosing random machines until one works/responds correctly.
I would start with LiYu and see if it gets the machine to recognize the command to cut. Or Roland. Or RedSail. Or CoPam.

Mz Skeeter, that suggestion never was replied-to and confirmed if it works or not.
Lots of people come in here, post, and disappear, without a reply as to what they discovered with our advice.
Jocobipa might be an exception? Hmmmmmm....

pretty much most of the posts anymore,, are hit and runs.  I wanted to see if some of our advice has worked or not, and people never come back.  I had to disable messages a while back.  People were just signing up, then just sending me messages for help everyday. Never posting on the forum.  Nope, I wasn't going to do that.  

• Like 3

Definitely worth trying the dongle once the drivers are loaded. I had the cover on one of mine pull off. Super glued it back on and it's been fine. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Definitely worth trying the dongle once the drivers are loaded. I had the cover on one of mine pull off. Super glued it back on and it's been fine. 

I agre as long as you have the user name and code to enter with the dongle 

• Like 1