Marina.G.

Driver lost

Hello ,everyone!

I bought about 13 years ago a cutter plotter JT1100(i don't know the manufacturer) and it was working.Now i want to start again but i lost the driver.I look all the internet and i didn't found a clue where i can find one,and i found your forum .Please help me with a hint,a clue...anything.

Thank you

20210206_162500.jpg

20210206_162507.jpg

20210206_162522.jpg

So which computer operating system are you going to be using?   Which cutting software?  Drivers are in the cutting software.  Find your cutter. Go in to device manager and connect it with the software. 1-2-3-4 nothing over 4. Com ports must match the same number.   Can't really see how you have it connected to your computer. You probably need the driver for the cable, If it is a USB to 9 pin RS232 converter cable.

I use win 10 on laptop and win xp on desktop. Nothing work. The cutter don't have usb ! I try com to com port ...com to usb (install ch341) just on port nr.1,2 or 3. 

What cutting software are you using?  The driver is in the cutting software.  You need the driver for the USB to com cable.  You are the only one that knows what you are using.   I would keep the cutter back on the XP computer.  Windows 10, too many problems. 

I use artcut, easy cut. The Artcut software come with plotter but the cd with drivers i lost'it somt time ago. I try to take from online ...but nothing work

You need a driver for the cable, to make a connection in your computer.  What brand name is on the cable? Find the driver for it or buy a new cable.. Then download and install the cable driver.  

Com to com cable don't beed to be install. I have a com to usb cable whit the cd . And i intall'it for it .if u wanna chk i can instal radmin so u can chk . 

16126332584673158556540518457445.jpg

I do not own your cutter or your software. We are only volunteers here. Nothing more that I can help with.  Try rebooting your computer. 

why do you have the cutter model on JK in your cutting software?  You said it is a JT1100   What is JK?  How are you setting this cutter up, if you don't know who to choose for the manufacturer? 

She can do that in the cutting software that she already has, and EasyCut is much newer and updated.  Both cutters are listed.  I down loaded the demo.   Slice thinks a Redsail driver  Or  Liyu driver might work.  Try setting your cutter up with those and see if the cutter will work. They are in your vinyl cutter drop down boxes. 

• Like 1

Just to make sure, you have your USB 2 serial cable plugged into the computer, and then a serial cable plugged into the other end of the adapter cable and your plotter correct? You can not plug the USB2Serial cable directly into the plotter.

Also, are you using the serial cable that came with the plotter? If not, make sure you have the right kind of cable, most plotters require a null modem cable.

1 hour ago, darcshadow said:

Just to make sure, you have your USB 2 serial cable plugged into the computer, and then a serial cable plugged into the other end of the adapter cable and your plotter correct? You can not plug the USB2Serial cable directly into the plotter.

Also, are you using the serial cable that came with the plotter? If not, make sure you have the right kind of cable, most plotters require a null modem cable.

My Seiki runs USB to computer,  RS232  9 pin connected directly to my vinyl cutter.  It did not have a USB. connection.  Cable came with the cutter from Seiki.  Cutter is from 2006

rs232.JPG