Haykay398

SEIKI PLOTTER HEAD NOT MOVING BLADE UP AND DOWN.

My SEIKI PLOTTER suddenly just develop a fault whereby when it receive job to cut, the roller and the head will be moving but unfortunately the blade will not move up and down and this will make the vinyl not cut at all. Have tried changing the head but it's still the same thing. Someone said the problem might be on the motherboard. PLEASE HELP...!

This is a common problem on the MH plotters and is usually a simple case of the Z-chip has gone bad. The z-chip is a simple op-amp and can be replaced. Older MH cutters had the chip in a socket, newer cutters it is soldered to the board. Chances are good it is the same with the Seiki plotter and just replacing the z-chip will get you up and running again.

• Like 2

Personally I have been inside several different plotters but only messed with the z chip on the early my.  Might be better to order a board once you make sure solenoid is good and wiring.   

Actually I might have to, in the long run but just wanted to know this z-chip even if am unable to replace it for the betterment of next time.

Thanks

have you tested the solenoid with a 9 volt battery to see if it energizes directly?

2 hours ago, Haykay398 said:

Yes have done so. It works well and it's quite clear that the problem is on the motherboard. 

Answer then would be, drum roll, replace main board