Raeann

Can't connect my graphtec ce5000-60

Hopefully after you downloaded the driver you extracted and ran it. So which cutting software are you using?    Did you set the correct Command on the vinyl cutter, for the cutting software?   Go into your printers and devices  and make sure the driver installed correctly.  Why did you change computers?  Your cutter should stay on a dedicated computer, many problems with Windows 10.  I still am back on Windows XP, with my Graphtec, because it is very stable. You don't need a fancy new computer to run a vinyl cutter. 

My other computer crashed. I did extract it and run it. It is not showing on my list of devices. I have uninstalled it once and reinstalled it. But still having problems with it not showing up.

So did you go thru all of the prompts, when it asked questions and which vinyl cutter when installing the driver. I am installing it right now on a Windows 10.  It gets to GRAPHTEC CE5000 installation completed,. Please connect the Graphtec CE5000 to the power outlet.  A prompt to click OK. Do you get that? 

Is your cutter turned on and ready to cut?  Have you tried different USB ports on your computer?   When you get that error, are you able to right click and trouble shoot it? 

yes it is turned on and ready to cut. yes did move usb port, the only thing it wil allow me to do is uninstall it.

My daughter has a laptop with windows 8 on it I thought maybe i could try to use it to see if i could get it to work on that. But won't be able to try that until tomorrow.

I can't do anymore.  I don't have a Graphtec CE5000 to plug in.  And don't know enough about a Windows 10. I don't use it.  My cutter is on Windows XP, and   Windows 7 for everyday stuff.  I just have a Windows 10  that I don't even use. So I could install the Graphtec Pro Studio i was given from Graphec,  I have  Graphtec FC8000-75 set up on that computer as a back up. 

Your welcome,  :D,  Maybe someone else can come along with a Windows 10 and can help.   I think the CE6000-60 would have the same set up.

• Like 1

What about ADD a printer?  Add a device?  Have you tried that?   I never had to do any of that on Windows 7.  Or have you tried to install the driver as an ADMIN?  Sometimes you have to do that with some drivers.

Just have him do it. He'll sit down, hit about 3 buttons and it'll start working, darn kids and tech.  ha!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Just have him do it. He'll sit down, hit about 3 buttons and it'll start working, darn kids and tech.  ha!

Well, unless he's like 3-years old or something.  I am not ashamed to admit that I schedule dinner 'genius' appointments with the 6-year old niece, so she can show me cool things on my iPhone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1