Mike Ouwen

SVG convert to GPGL

svg is a file format for vectors - gpgl is a language graphtec plotters use to communicate to the plotter and not a file format

Perfect so here is the issue that I am having exactly now. There is a Sillhoutte Portrait 2 Device. I had create the APP even for cutting only Phone Screen Protection. 
I have the  phone screen sizes as SVG. so what type of images I need to convert into for cutting through this device? 
What I found is the files must be GPGL but as you said its a communicate to plotter . So What must be the file formats? Do you have an idea? 

Thanks in advance for your kindly shares...

::)

Three things -- 

1. Silhouette is a craft cutter unit (most of us regulars here don't use 'em)

2. SVG is a file format for plotters and should work, as is.

3.  I'm going out to shovel snow (again)

• Like 1

You need to look at the software that is used for this cutter and determine which file formats it accepts.  Very few people here use craft cutters who can even answer that question.  Check the user manual for your software. 

• Like 1

Well thanks guys . so such a formats like SVG , is there any chance to direct into the plotter ? 
Coz when I  direct the file to the plotter it doesnt react at all . I thought SVG is not a choice for cutting through silhoutte device.. 

So can you suggest me any file formats that I can give a try ?
What I feel SVG files cannot react by device coz of the common moves on blide not reacting at all. 

So its little pitty in my end to find out :( 

Cheers!

What does your user manual tell you?  Neither one of us that answered, use this. Sorry but I am not going to read your user manual for you.  I do not know of 1 person here that uses this.   Most people here only use large vinyl cutters, not craft cutters. 

SVG is an image, it has to be processed and commands for the plotter generated, which are then sent to the plotter. What ever program came with your cutter handles that part. The program most likely can not "open" an SVG file, but it can probably import it. If not, check on EPS, nearly all vector programs can import EPS files.

• Like 1