Guest Amber R

how do i change origin point?

Guest Amber R

I ran a cut job and now I want to run another cut job but it keeps returning to the origin point and cutting over what i already plotted, how do i start origin point where the last job left off?

thanks!!

not knowing which plotter you have I would guess the majority of them would be to press the origin button on the plotter where you want it to start at ;)

In Vinyl Master Software, when SEND  to CUT.  There is a place that you have to check, ADVANCE AFTER PLOT.  On the left side settings.   Then the cutter won't come back to the front of the vinyl. Or it shouldn't.   You should also hit reset, so the cutter dumps the last order of data. You cannot just send order after order.  Before you send the next order, your carriage head and blade should be in position. Push the ORIGIN button before sending, every time.   Vinyl cutters have a limited amount of memory, so you have to reset and dump the data after every order. 

advance after plot.JPG

48 minutes ago, Guest Amber R said:

Thanks so much!! I appreciate it!

Amber, if you join your post will show immediately with no need to wait for a moderator to approve them.  There is no cost and no spam involved, it just lets us control the true spammers better. 

When using the command "Advance After Plot/cut" there is no need to press anything on the cutter keypad. The cutting head will be resting at the point of the next job starting.

It doesn't work that way for me using Vinyl Master and a MH cutter. The advance after plot doesn't reset the origin point and if I were to send another job the vinyl would back feed to the origin and cut over the design I just made. I have to hit the origin button after every cut. Also, I have not had to reset the cutter to clear the memory. It's not a bad step to do, I've just been lucky I guess and never had a problem with cutting multiple jobs in a row.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.