Andieluvscows

Cutting script text

I'm not new to my vinyl cutter but I'm progressing. I have found that when I cut a fancy, script text, the cutter cuts the individual letters and doesn't connect them. It's not THAT big of a problem because they ARE still connected (as long as i don't break the cut apart), but weeding can be annoying, especially when the font gets smaller. Is there a way to get the software/cutter to see script as one piece and not cut between the letters? I tried right clicking on the text and it brings up options and I chose "curve editing" then "combine" and it still sees the letters ad individual and not one piece.  I should add, I'm using the VinylMaster Cut 4.2 software with a USCutter MH 871MK2 cutter.

Thank you!

Depending on what graphic programs you're using, you need to combine or weld the text before cutting.

Make a copy first as you usually cannot "unweld".

AND I usually look at the spacing before I weld the text and adjust any letters that are not spaced well.

Sue2

• Like 3

weld, join, combine, whatever it's called in the software that you use. you should also be able to double check the cut path by either going into a wireframe view, or into node edit.

• Like 2