RoryJ

Signblazer 6 Full

Hey everyone, I'm new here and I've had a search but not found anything thats helped yet, sorry if I've missed something.

I've just upgraded our PC (bought new) and its running windows 10. Our old PC we run Signblazer 6 on was Windows 7 and it worked perfectly with a USB key. I'm trying to get the new PC set up and working but I can't get Signblazer to recognise that the key is installed. I've got SB5 as well, I managed to get that working on an old PC by running a virtual PC with XP on it, after some messing around it worked, but the boss wants SB6 running on the new PC and I'm at a bit of a loss. Every time i start it up it just says no key and shuts down, no chance to change any settings or force anything else. The PC recognises that the USB key is inserted and it lights up as if its all good but still no luck. Its possible that someone installed another program to get it working on the original WIN-7 PC but he's no longer with the company so we're kind of stuck. I'm pretty clued up when it comes to PC's and tech, so I'm fairly certain that everything is how it should be, but maybe I'm missing a vital driver or something along those lines.

What I'm asking is, does anyone know how to get this program up and running on the new PC running windows 10, preferably without running any virtual machine.

Any help is very appreciated. Thank you.

PS: I have the original discs for SB6 and SB5 along with the USB Keys and both work on other PC's (on WIN-7 and virtual WIN-XP)

SB was abandoned over a decade ago (creator passed away). As I'm sure you're aware that time span in the tech world might as well be ancient history. I believe you can get the "hacked" version of SB running on windows 10 but I don't think it has all of the features unlocked. You're two options are to reformat the computer and put windows 7 or older on it, or give up on SB and get a modern program. And no, there is no way to do a batch convert of your SB files to something a different program can open.

Thank you for posting.

downloaded - I have to open up some files I created with this program YEARS  ago- export as .eps for other software  on new computer:)

You're welcome.

Just a side note:  This designated v7.0.0 has a different avatar (icon) after install on the desktop. The old program had a green SB icon, this one has a colorful geometric objects design. (The documents/files still have the green SB icon, however).

Does this actually matter in the Grand Scheme of Things?
No.

sb.jpg

sbe.jpg

• Like 2

On 1/12/2021 at 9:18 AM, darcshadow said:

SB was abandoned over a decade ago (creator passed away). As I'm sure you're aware that time span in the tech world might as well be ancient history. I believe you can get the "hacked" version of SB running on windows 10 but I don't think it has all of the features unlocked. You're two options are to reformat the computer and put windows 7 or older on it, or give up on SB and get a modern program. And no, there is no way to do a batch convert of your SB files to something a different program can open.

I am in this boat ... converting over 10K files 1 by 1 UGG but the the new version does work on windows 10

I am in this boat ... converting over 10K SB files in 1 by 1 into EPS format UGG but the the new version does work on windows 10 However the issue I am having is I am using Corel Draw now and need to figure out how to see the thumbnails to import. I have them numbered  butI am a visual confirmation person and I HATE just seeing the Corel logo ... it's all a huge learning process =) Life is good!! 

So convert files as you use.  Doubt you use 10,000 files at 1 time. Not hard at all.  You don't need a new fancy computer to run a Vinyl cutter.  I am still back on Windows XP .   I use Flexi software.  My files are all named what they are.

Microsoft does not support eps thumbnails and you need a third part to be able to have an image rather than a logo. I think I have SageThumbs installed on my computer but I can't remember for sure. There are several out there, just pick one and go with it.

• Like 1