creepoxia

Change "origin" position

I'm trying to use a pen attachment to draw an image centred on A4 but it keeps drawing offset to one side. I am setting my origin via the cutter but it seems like the software adds a margin, how do i get it to start exactly where I have the pen head?

as you can see in the image the black box is at the bottom of my page but then is offset in the spooler

Inkedl02qSKq_LI.jpg

3 hours ago, bikemike said:

Just a guess here, but try unchecking absolute position.

Nope, if anything that makes it a little bit further away lol 

Most cutters do not cut right where you put the blade holder/blade They start where the design was first created.  Example,  I cut very long decals, say 8 ft.  My cutter may travel 4 ft on the vinyl, in the center of the vinyl, before it ever starts cutting, but it comes back to the front of the vinyl to finish all of the design.  ORIGIN, is where the cutter starts measuring from.   X0 Y0

You can download and try it in Sign Blazer Elements. It's free.

The offset in the spooler image shouldn't have any effect on where the cutter cuts. You should be set your design space to the same size as your paper, center your design in your design space then pen right at the corner of the paper and turn on absolute position. Then it's just a matter of making sure you get your paper loaded straight and you should be good to go.

11 hours ago, haumana said:

You can download and try it in Sign Blazer Elements. It's free.

Just tried this and if i place it at the edge of the media that's exactly where it cuts! Meaning it's to do with Vinylmaster, at least ive narrowed it down and know its not an issue with the plotter itself. Think ill have to take it up with Vinylmaster support if no one on here knows.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.