Sign in to follow this  
Kembs

Brand new CE7000-60 starts, cuts a 1cm line then moves 2cm and starts to cut job

Brand new out of the box CE7000-60.  Replaced my CE3000-60.

Using LAN to connect to computer.  After setting up MAC & IP and have it all connected to Flexi Pro & the computer and machine are now communicating.

It receives cut files just fine (I think).  I created brand new document, made a 2" tall by 12" wide square and send it to cutter.  The machine moves to starting position, cuts a tiny 1cm line, then picks up, moves apx 2cm and starts the square cut.  It does this on everything I send. Circles, squares, cut files I have been using for 10+ years.

I turned machine from Auto to HL-GL setting. Same result.

Could it be a driver issue? I did not use the included CD with the machine.  I assumed I would not need to since Flexi Pro immediately located, identified, and installed the cutter right away.  Is that what I need to do?

this is a feature where the plotter is simulating tangial cutting - it is setting the blade direction - there is a way too turn it off or move it outside the cut area in the menu - I am sure skeeter will be around to tell you how if you don't find it first.

Will be interested to hear how the vinyl tracks on your plotter after about 3 ft . . . .

cool thanks, i'll look for that setting.

100% of the work I do on my 24" machine is under 25" so tracking shouldn't ever be an issue with this machine. I do all my longer runs on my Q54. Although the reason why I just replaced my CE3000-60 is because of tracking (one of the pinch rollers finally wore out on me too much). I ran that machine everyday for 16 years and the only thing I ever replaced on it were cutting strips & blades.

26 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

this is a feature where the plotter is simulating tangial cutting - it is setting the blade direction - there is a way too turn it off or move it outside the cut area in the menu - I am sure skeeter will be around to tell you how if you don't find it first.

Will be interested to hear how the vinyl tracks on your plotter after about 3 ft . . . .

Are you talking about the little j that it makes?  

• Like 1

yes, i guess you can call it a little j.  can you tell me how to disable it? I can't seam to find it anywhere

Your not going to disable it.  Only move the j so it is not in the design.  It will always do that..  My cutter is an FC, but you should be able to locate by name,  Menu> background settings>Initial blade control position> outside   But if you don't want the cutter to measure the vinyl at start up, you can disable the media sensor.  And disable the pinch roller sensor.  Then you can put the carriage head right at the edge of the vinyl.  I did that right away when I got my cutter.   Also in background settings for my cutter. 

• Like 1

Found it !! Awesome, thanks, it now makes that cut in the pressure roller track.

Although if the 1st cut is in the far left side it moves the head assembly to the starting location on the far left, then moves all the way to the right pinch roller track to make the "j", then it moves all the way back to the far left to start the job.  Might have to reorder my cutting order to save some time.

I cut slow anyway, so I never found it a problem.  I am usually cutting and answering questions on here. :D  I never saw a reason to measure the vinyl, I know what it is.  That would save a little time. 

So by disabling the media sensor, you load your material forward/back (X axis) exactly where you want it and don't bother with "Roll 1 - Front Edge" or "Roll 2 - Current Position" ? Since either option does the same thing?

MY cutter> Load media,  put media lever down, put carriage head/blade where you want it.  push Roll 2, REAR. Enter.  push ORIGIN.   Ready to send file to cut.   I only run from the Graphtec Cutting Controller.  SO I only change the force once in a while for different vinyls. Speed once in a while.   ( I do long decals, so I do prefeed my vinyl)  Making sure vinyl looks good and to get tracking lined up.