DREWFY1

sign cut pro 2, multiple images

good afternoon and happy new yr ,

i've just purchased a seiki t series 24" plotter ,

i'm using sign cut pro 2 to cut my images but it will only let me cut 1 design as a time thus wasting materials,

i'm wanting to cut a image but rather than waste materials id like to put a cpl of other images in the space not used by the 1st image so i don't waste materials

any help would be gratefully appreciated 

Need more info,  we don't know what your doing.  It also depends on how large the images are. Value cutters only have a certain amount of memory. Are you selecting both of the images in the cutting software?  Provide some photos of what you are doing in your cutting software. What is it doing that it won't let you cut more than 1 image?   I have a Seiki  that I used Flexistarter 7.6 with on Windows XP.  I never had a problem cutting  multiple images.  I started by business with it for it until I went up to a Graphtec, because of tracking long stripes. 

Thanks for your reply , I dont know how to put a second image into the software,  the cutter will probably cut it if I could put a second image nr the first , there is plenty of room inside the boundary of the 1st the image but I just dont know how to import a second 1 

Where are you designing your images at?  You have to group the images there. before sending to Signcut.     I know I have .ai files with hundreds of images inside 1 file.   I don't use Signcut.   I use Flexi software.   But that cutter Seiki might work with Signblazer, which is Free to use and can be found on this forum.  You need Windows OS to use Signblazer. 

This problem should not even be posted under MH vinyl cutter like you did. It should have been posted under Signcut software. Asking a question how to use it.   Send Signcut a question and ask them.  I heard they have very good tech support. Very few people on here use Signcut. 

Do each one separately. (Convert to paths).

Then, select all the vectors at once, and export as .eps and import to SCpro2.

Vector each individually,  Save them to your computer. Start with a clean layout screen and import each file back. Group them. 

ok peeps many thanks , ill try that tomorrow but im going to take advice as well and install signblazer , cheers all 

If you are going to try Signblazer,  Seiki is not listed as a cutter.  try  the Liyu cutter as a selection.  It might work for you.  

You have to choose a software that you are comfortable with. At your budget.  There are many others out there that have trials.  Vinyl Master,  different versions,  from Vinylmaster.com would have a Seiki cutter listed. Sure Cuts A Lot different versions, are others.  I use Flexistarter8.6 because I started out with Flexi 7.6 with my Seiki.  Flexistarter is bare bones software, with few designing features in it. And it is not cheap anymore. Other versions of Flexi get very expensive.  You have to decide for yourself.  

Ok thanks , I dont want to go to big expensive software at the mo as it's just a hobby to do stuff for myself and the family,  1s again  many thanks

Keep in mind that SignBlazer does have a vector engine included (IMAGE menu -- Mode / Grayscale -- then Vectorise)

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/signblazer_setup.exe

Since SignCutPro2 is cutting/communicating OK, just keep using that. Do your designs in either SignBlazer or Inkscape and export as .eps and bring the work (Import) into the cutting program. Heck, if you want to splurge for $50, grab a copy of VinylMaster CUT, which has a terrific vector engine, but the USCutter version won't run the Seiki (no drivers).

Oh, and another benefit of having SignBlazer installed --- there are many cool cuttable graphics included (DRAW menu -- Library).

Elephant-silhouette-by-Arief-Sapta-Adjie

Cheers , I've been exporting strt to scp2 direct from inkscape but could only do 1 so I'll vectorize each 1 at a time and save to pc  then import them , I'll have a play about with it tomorrow and let u all know results , cheers again 

Omg this is driving me mad , I've saved the image to my desktop as eps file but sign cut pro 2 will only let me put 1 image in ,as soon as I try to add another file the first 1 goes , I've looked allover the web but cant find nothing that shows how to do it. 

2 minutes ago, DREWFY1 said:

Omg this is driving me mad , I've saved the image to my desktop as eps file but sign cut pro 2 will only let me put 1 image in ,as soon as I try to add another file the first 1 goes , I've looked allover the web but cant find nothing that shows how to do it. 

We advised you to ask Signcut.  They are your tech support. They know more about that software then anyone here.  Most people here do not use that software. 

I didn't have any problem doing it.  You have to import the 2 different designs into your design software, already vectored.  size them   Then Group them (that makes it 1 file). Export or save as .eps.  Give the file a name.  Then Open it in Signcut2.   Here are  2 different files that were grouped together in my design software.   I don't know what sizes of rolls that you are buying, I also buy black, white, silver, matte black in 15" rolls.  I also save my scraps, and use them to cut smaller decals. Your not wasting vinyl by doing that.   Vinyl is cheap.  I don't use this software at all.  I downloaded the trial of Signcut2.  I didn't set any type settings,  Just imported the file I made in my design software. 

• Like 2

I'm using 700mm vinyl,  ok so I need to vectorize first then import into inkscape and group them , I'll try that , I used to have a cameo silhouette cutter and software and that was easy as it did it all , I'll try it ,many thanks , I have tried to ring the supplier I bought it from but they are shut till Monday,  many thanks 

I don't use Inkscape.  I did it in Flexi software.    You may be able to use Signblazer for that also. import and grouping. Export.  You have to select both images and group them.   Your welcome :D

• Like 1

I've just done as you said but by using a online site to vectorize the images first and yipeee yep I've managed it , I've not cut it out yet as I put the pen in and drew it first but yes it looks like it's right,  many thanks !! 

• Like 3

I use SignCut PRO 1 (the older version) but the basics are the same. You just need to adjust your thinking a bit. The program will only cut 1 design at a time so you create a single design from multiple objects. Sounds like you have it now. You CAN cut multiple COPIES of a file if you are making more than one. Also if you are careful you can cut off the excess and use the scrap piece to make other designs later. No need to waste it if you have a big enough left over to use for something else. Use the "weeding frame" and you can usually see where the edge of your cut was and just trim the extra off before weeding.  

• Like 2

Inkscape is a great program once you learn how to use it. It can pretty much do everything you would need except cut. I do all my designing in Inkscape, get it laid out the way I want to cut, then save it and an EPS. Then open my cutting software, Vinyl Master usually, import the EPS file I just created and cut.

You can put as many raster images into a file as you want in Inkscape, but you can only vector one at a time. So if you want to load them all into your design, that's fine, you then just need to select one, vector it, select the next one and vector it, and repeat as necessary. Also be aware, when you vector an image in Inkscape, the raster image is still there so you will need to move the vector image out of the way and delete the raster image.