SorrelWorks

Clear Layer Over Cut Vinyl Decals

Has anyone put a clear layer of vinyl over cut vinyl decals? My designs have fine details (see attached photo) and at smaller sizes I need some way to protect those details as after test cleaning (gently and not so gently) the fine tips will pull up and if customers take their vehicle through a car wash, the small decals will be ruined. I’m using Avery 750 and Orafol 651 vinyls. I’ve contoured the clear overlays as shown here but the primary issue I have is it appears the clear only partially adheres around the color vinyl (zoom in on red circled area) - if you press with a finger nail it will fully adhere and doesn't leave bubbles but seems exhaustive to carefully press around each piece. Open to other ideas for protecting decals for customers too. 

5C9AAC3B-1F6D-4F53-BDC5-B186D34D25F9.jpeg

A big part of my business is very detailed work.  I write on the transfer tape ( I only use paper tape)  to use a Seal it Pen on the edges.   14 years selling online.  I never have complaints.  Nope, I have never used clear vinyl over my decals.   I just grabbed the ad below for example only. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEALITPEN-SEAL-IT-PEN-WRAP-EDGE-SEALER-GREAT-FOR-CORNHOLE-GAME-WRAPS-SKINS/202646541608?hash=item2f2eacd528:g:qWoAAOSwHnFVpP7I

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

A big part of my business is very detailed work.  I write on the transfer tape ( I only use paper tape)  to use a Seal it Pen on the edges.   14 years selling online.  I never have complaints.  Nope, I have never used clear vinyl over my decals.   I just grabbed the ad below for example only. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SEALITPEN-SEAL-IT-PEN-WRAP-EDGE-SEALER-GREAT-FOR-CORNHOLE-GAME-WRAPS-SKINS/202646541608?hash=item2f2eacd528:g:qWoAAOSwHnFVpP7I

Ditto, have never needed the clear on anything but prints 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 4:42 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

This is a great tip! A lot of my decals are matte finish. Do you have any experience with this on matte vinyl? I'm curious if it will keep the finish or make it glossy

• Like 1