Hogie

signcut pro not seeing my graphic plotter

I have signcut pro on mac osx high sierra 10.13.6, using adobe illustrator with the signcut plug in. I have a graphtec fc3100-120 (old but gold) and have a db25 serial db9 female 9 pin to male 25 pin null modem cable lead attached to a keyspan usa-19hs adapter, cable and adaptor are brand new, loaded drivers as instructions for mac but cannot locate graphtec driver in the list on cutter dialog setup window. Graphtec isn't in the pull down list so a bit stumped at first base so to speak, if anyone can help please.

shot.png

I would put in a support request. I have it on my mac and it Definitely has all the Graphtec cutters. Do you have the Dongle or a subscription?

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 4.20.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 4.20.56 PM.png

• Like 1

Ive got a sub, strange that you have the entire list and I have a very small list. I received a reply from signcut but this has really stumped me, a bit too technical tbh.

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 10.52.27.png

So what is the story on this?  Have you been using this cutter and it quit or did you just buy it?  Read your user manual. It can be found online.   Also if, you notice on Wildgoose picture of Signcut.  The 3100  is at the top of the list.  Not down with the rest of the Graphtec cutters.  These old cutters would run much better on an old windows computer,  They can be picked up under $100.  I have a Graphtec FC series and still run it on Windows XP.  I don't know anything about Mac or what your software is, or whether compatible with this old cutter. 

9 hours ago, Hogie said:

Ive got a sub, strange that you have the entire list and I have a very small list. I received a reply from signcut but this has really stumped me, a bit too technical tbh.

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 10.52.27.png

To tell the truth I just use an older windows laptop to cut from (window 7). My cutter (Summa) hooks up just fine on the Mac but if I am running the cutter then I am not able to do other things while it's working so I set my cutter across the room and use the laptop and just cut from thumb drive files (save in AI 8 it will open them perfectly). It's been an efficient system and the old laptops are extremely affordable. 

• Like 1

Hello im new here . been running graphtec fc3100 s  for years now.  I use a gigaware usb-a to serial cable in order to get it to communicate with my windows laptop. Been running flawlessly for years.  standard usb to serials dont work . hope someone reads this and it helps them. Love my old graphtec

Guest NO detection

My Graphtec FC 3100-60 might’ve died from an electrical surge. Any clue where I could find a newer used one or is there hope my can be restored ? It will test cut & run but my Windows 10 computer cannot detect the direct USB connection.

Did you reinstall the USB driver?   Try the RS232 on the cutter?     Graphtec cutters can be found on Ebay.  Facebook Marketplace.  Craigslist and the list goes on. 

Why not sign up and be a member. Then your posts will not have to be approved. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.