Sign in to follow this  
windworks9

us cutter oversized cutting

Sometimes on certain images, my cutter will cut the image larger than it is supposed to. Usually about .25" both length and width.  I have checked it in a wireframe and there is nothing like extra outline or anything. I do a lot of overlay and images need to be exact.  I am using a US MH-871 and signcut pro.  This is a newer problem and it is only on occasion but I am losing expensive vinyl every time it happens. Please help

Thank,

Cindi

no mention of which cutting software you are using.  You would need to calibrate the cutter to your cutting software. Most all cutting software has it.  So like example, when you cut 3 inches. it actually cuts 3 inches. 

thank you MZ SKEETER.  I am using signcut pro and I found the calibration in advanced settings. Followed instructions problem solved.  My US cutter (MH-871 -MK2) is over a decade old and I am wondering if the calibration problem is due to age and I can expect this problem to arise again in the future or should it just stay good now.  I can buy a new cutter but would rather not if I don't need to.  Thanks so much!

I don't own one.  But have seen that sometimes the tension on the belt may need to be tightened. Your welcome. :D