Sign in to follow this  
Adejls

What is the best method printing on planters?

1 hour ago, Adejls said:

Because using Oracal 751,951, I can do only one color.

So it will limit what I can do. I can't attach picture which is consist of many color on planter.

Vinyl can be layered in different colors.  You are going to have to make a decision on how much that you are willing to invest in this project. And if the return is good enough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adejls said:

BTW, I just saw a YouTube video about UV printer, and wow it is very great printer !!

I want to have one If I can afford it.

Very nice units, only complaint I heard of was initial cost and needing to change the up light units occasionally 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 10:27 AM, Adejls said:

I can spend Up to $1000 including printer and transfer machine. 

The RolandUV machine you showed us here costs around $20,000. ( Proper ventilation is required during UV production. An optional BOFA Air Filtration Unit for use with the LEF-12i is available, at additonal cost of about $3500. )

Order the SC2 and start next week with your new customizing business, and revise your expectations regarding what you are capable of producing. Best wishes, stop back here if you have other questions.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 10:05 AM, Dakotagrafx said:

the solvent is what I suggested - the uv refers to the roland uv cured inks and NOT the hp uv resistant inks used in cheaper printers - the correct printers like the smaller Roland sp-300i should start around $14,000 - great printers - I have had 2 of them but you need to keep them busy printing or you will be replacing a lot of $700 heads (it has 2 in the sp300i - the sp300v has 4 of those heads.   the reason I sold mine is we are going on longer vacations and if gone 3 weeks, even with the printer turning itself on 3-4 times a day and cleaning it's own heads they clog heads and unlike your desktop printer solvent heads do not come back.   it really isn't a hobby type of thing and needs to stay in production - then every month when you throw away the ink it pulls thru the heads during self clean - remember you are throwing aways $60 in ink

Hi, I'm back again here. 

I found it is hard to sublimate on certain design of planter. 

So I want to use vinyl cutter for those planters.

If I do with Vinyl, can you let me know what is the best way to seal or coat?

If I don't sear or coat, I can feel the vinyl, and I think it can be damaged easily. 

By the way, If I go with Vinyl printing with solvent printer, can you let me know what is the best small sized solvent printer?

The max size that I need to printer is less than 4"*4"

And If I use the method, is it possible to hide the trace.

I attached a sample picture which has trace.

If I can't hide the trace, then I think vinyl printing is not a good method for me. 

Thank you. 

IMG_3741[9307] (2)_LI.jpg

On 12/18/2020 at 10:43 AM, slice&dice said:
5 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

best bang for the buck solvent is the roland sp300i

If I use the roland sp300i for mug or planter, then can I apply it without seeing trace, like sublimation quality? 

Thank you

1 hour ago, Adejls said:

it prints on the vinyl and contour cuts it - but just read that over $3K is out of your range so that won't work for you

• Like 1

Ok, then I will use regular vinyl cutter for those planters.

If I do with Vinyl, can you let me know what is the best way to seal or coat?

Thank you.