PM-Performance

Sure fire way to remove HTV glue residue to start over?

What is the secret to getting HTV glue residue off?

I tried the iron to get the HTV off, but leaves the glue residue that does not come off.

I tried goo gone to zero success!

As products are becoming scarce and trying to meet Xmas deadline, I am now at a standstill.

I saw some stuff on Amazon that supposedly works, but it costs more than double what a replacement hoody cost to find out it doesn’t work

here is what the residue still looks like after dousing in goo gone and wishing 

C2686ACB-4A3D-4E44-813B-4EAC78850BF5.jpeg

Scrap the hoodie and get another one. Just not worth the time and effort or cost of the stuff to remove it.

• Like 2

I have some special heat transfer glue remover that I bought somewhere. It does remove the adhesive but on dark garments like that one you can still see a ghost image so I generally toss them too or if I can cover them up I may make the kids something. 

• Like 1

this is the msds sheet for the product darcshadow and goose mentioned  - I used to be a fire safety officer at the prison and this stuff is very toxic and dangerous to use.  Like mentioned before you will never return the product to new condition even with this dangerous stuff

https://www.uscutter.com/static/PDFs/Albachem-1020-msds.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I ended up having to toss the hoody and refunding the customer since I cannot find another hoody.

I am glad I asked before messing with more expensive chemicals.

the googone left stains on the shirt too, so Deff don’t use that like google says to. Lol

• Like 1