txturbo

Laser point connection issue

OK, wow indeed.

Let's try a simple thing now, txturbo, and manually change the COM port from 3 to 2 in Device Manager.

Control Panel - Hardware - Devices and Printers (it's a device, doesn't install like a printer) -   PORTS (COM and LPT) --  USB serial device ---  double click it  or right click, opens Properties --  Port Settings tab --  ADVANCED  button --  COM port number dropdown list -- select COM2.

Now, restart the computer. Then, open SBE and the new designation should appear in cutter setup.

You machine should be compatible using Creation PCut listed as your cutter. What's important is to have Windows and SBE having matching COM Port numbers. Don't stress if LaserPoint isn't listed as one of the cutters. I use a version of SBE that the LP is not listed, but I do have it designated at a Creation PCut, and it cuts just fine.

7 hours ago, slice&dice said:

OK, wow indeed.

Let's try a simple thing now, txturbo, and manually change the COM port from 3 to 2 in Device Manager.

Control Panel - Hardware - Devices and Printers (it's a device, doesn't install like a printer) -   PORTS (COM and LPT) --  USB serial device ---  double click it  or right click, opens Properties --  Port Settings tab --  ADVANCED  button --  COM port number dropdown list -- select COM2.

Now, restart the computer. Then, open SBE and the new designation should appear in cutter setup.

making progress. I went back in to change comm ports  in SB and scrolled all the way to the bottom and found one called Blazer COM4- USB serial port. Never saw that one before. Selected that one and now I get a response from the cutter.

• Like 1

Cutter seems to be ok now. I haven’t used it for at least 6 years, so I have to learn all over again.

I’m not cutting vinyl This time though. I want to cut gaskets. Has anyone done that before?

Ok I’m back at it. I’ve dusted off my old desktop PC that has a serial port and hooked the cutter up to it. I installed SBE. I can go into windows device manager and can see the cutter. Only problem I have now is drivers. When I open the US Cutter folder and select the laser point cutter and try to install the drivers it says it can’t find a driver for this machine.

txturbo --    cutting anything besides vinyl is not gonna be a good idea. These machines aren't designed for that.

also, you say that drivers aren't installing. Just choose Creation PCut  in SBE cutter setup and that's it.
Forget about the "USCUTTER"  folder that sits on your desktop, it's not important.

I did that and nothing happens. The cutter shows up in windows devices and I see the job in the que but no response from the cutter. 

txturbo, on Dec 11th you said -- "Selected that one and now I get a response from the cutter."

What are you doing? What que? What does "no response" mean? Windows devices? It is not a device (like a printer). It is just a com port (serial).

Just now, slice&dice said:

txturbo, on Dec 11th you said -- "Selected that one and now I get a response from the cutter."

What are you doing? What que? What does "no response" mean? Windows devices? It is not a device (like a printer). It is just a com port (emulation serial).

That’s when I was using my laptop with the USB connection. Now I have an old desktop hooked up to it with a serial connection. I’m trying to set it up to work as a plotter so I can cut directly from Autocad or Fusion 360. If I can get it to show up as a plotter I should be able to make it work. 

3 hours ago, txturbo said:

That’s when I was using my laptop with the USB connection. Now I have an old desktop hooked up to it with a serial connection. I’m trying to set it up to work as a plotter so I can cut directly from Autocad or Fusion 360. If I can get it to show up as a plotter I should be able to make it work. 

we have watched people beat there heads against the wall so many times trying to do things like this - I ran a GIS shop with a hp plotter and it worked nothing like these plotters 

again, it will never show up as a printer/plotter in Windows Devices & Printers.

Still have to remember, a DXF file has curves made out of tiny lines.

Depending on the resolution, a small circle could be made out of 1000 lines or more. That is a LOT of ups and downs for the blade.

haumana -- ''it will never show up as a printer/plotter in Windows Devices & Printers."

txturbo -- " The cutter shows up in Windows Devices..."

======================================

Listen, txturbo, just go back to your laptop with the USB connection. You're trying to accomplish something that isn't within the scope of a Laserpoint machine. IMHO.

The lowest unit I have cut directly with was a titan2 with true usb communication and using Corel draw 

• Like 1