Decalist

Help recreating fire rescue ambulance ribbon

Hi, I'm new here and new to the business, I need help recreating a ribbon so it can be applied to a new truck. If someone could point me in the right direction or guide me through this, it'd be much appreciated. I've been given an .eps supposedly from the original designer but it doesn't exactly match or include the full ribbon.

Thank you.

Untitled-1.eps

IMG_20201203_091134.jpg

What design program are you using? The basics are there in that file, you'll just have to build the outer gold ribbon pieces that they don't have included. Looking at the pic the ones on the old vehicle are not all that well done anyhow so I doubt you'll make them any worse. I noticed that the lower brown stripe is not quite aligned equally between the yellow stripes. I ungrouped the elements an then did a distribution center between those three peices and the brown now looks much better in relation to the end of the other piece that it is supped to be a part of. There are several weird alignment issues as well. 

Time to learn your software.

I had a few minutes so I fixed this one, hopefully it will help you out. 

Ambulance Vinyl.eps

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

What design program are you using? The basics are there in that file, you'll just have to build the outer gold ribbon pieces that they don't have included. Looking at the pic the ones on the old vehicle are not all that well done anyhow so I doubt you'll make them any worse. I noticed that the lower brown stripe is not quite aligned equally between the yellow stripes. I ungrouped the elements an then did a distribution center between those three peices and the brown now looks much better in relation to the end of the other piece that it is supped to be a part of. There are several weird alignment issues as well. 

Time to learn your software.

I had a few minutes so I fixed this one, hopefully it will help you out. 

Ambulance Vinyl.eps

Awesome! Thank you. Yeah I have a lot to learn yet. Currently I'm using CorelDraw, but considering Inkscape and Adobe Illustrator. Before these last couple weeks I've never done any of this type of work, closest I've come is a little bit of fooling around in Photoshop.

Thanks again!

8 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

What brand of a vinyl cutter do you own?  

We've got a Graphtec 54" along with an HP Latex 315 printer.

1 minute ago, Decalist said:

We've got a Graphtec 54" along with an HP Latex 315 printer.

That's nice, you shouldn't have any problems with those.    I love my Graphtecs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

That's nice, you shouldn't have any problems with those.    I love my Graphtecs.

Yeah, they've been doing a good job. My only issue is remembering to advance the printer enough so that the cutter has enough material to hold onto when cutting the print.

42 minutes ago, Decalist said:

Currently I'm using CorelDraw, but considering Inkscape and Adobe Illustrator.

All three of those are good and it can't hurt to learn how to use different software but from what I understand AI and Corel do things very differently and if you learn one, picking the other up can be a challenge. I use Inkscape and for a free program, it's extremely powerful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darcshadow said:

All three of those are good and it can't hurt to learn how to use different software but from what I understand AI and Corel do things very differently and if you learn one, picking the other up can be a challenge. I use Inkscape and for a free program, it's extremely powerful.

Yeah I had an old buddy advise me to get into AI saying it's probably the best most feature rich all around, and Inkscape I want to get into since I'm a big fan of "FOSS", if I could stay on Arch Linux for everything, I would. I'm only on Corel since that's what was provided.

17 minutes ago, Decalist said:

Yeah I had an old buddy advise me to get into AI saying it's probably the best most feature rich all around, and Inkscape I want to get into since I'm a big fan of "FOSS", if I could stay on Arch Linux for everything, I would. I'm only on Corel since that's what was provided.

You didn't state how old the Graphtec is, but any newer Graphtec came with Graphtec Pro Studio software.. Which is pretty much FlexisignPro. Top of the line software. 

5 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You didn't state how old the Graphtec is, but any newer Graphtec came with Graphtec Pro Studio. Which is pretty FlexisignPro. Top of the line software. 

Looks like an FC8600 series, and looks to be bought in 2016?

• Like 1

I got Graphtec Pro Studio with my FC8000-75 FREE  and I bought it used.  Graphtec was giving it free  2 years ago.   I bought my unit used off of Ebay.   It still comes with the new units. Of CE and FC.   Software is worth over $2 k.  It's called Graphtec Pro Studio Plus now. It also is only Windows. 

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/software

• Like 1