Alphamisfits

My Cutter wont cut anymore ?

I use to do cuts ALL the time and rarely had issues. I took a break for a few months or so and packed the cutter away in its box in a safe area that isn't messed with. I recently pulled it back out and set it up again. I did everything from memory as far as setting up to match sheets 12x12 area and vectorized it and then sent it to cutter(made sure it is detected) and then did an area test and everything looked good and ran as I remembered. Then I hit cut now and confirmed it, it only moved up like an inch and seemed like it would be good. it stopped there and nothing came up on the screen showing progress of the cut like it normally did. it just moved stopped and that was it.

so to sum it up, I use to cut a lot, packed it away, pulled back out and re installed everything and whatnot and it starts then stops right away.

sorry if that wasn't enough info I am more than a little clueless on the tech side of this.. anyone have a similar issue or recognize what i am doing wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated! 

If you push the test button on the cutter what happens?

What software are you using? What OS, windows xp, 7, 8, 10, etc? Are you connected through USB or serial?

First things first.

Download and install SignBlazer ELEMENTS. (make sure your antivirus is disabled for the process, because the SBE.exe is not a true problem, but the version has an internal 'bypass' code that makes it appear as such).

The MH is 'RedSail' in the setup.

Let us know what you discover with that.