dvddvd

Anybody point me in the right direction?

Hi to get a bit of practice in ive grabbed some signs and tried to replicate them.

This one looks great but when i try to cut it it cuts a red rectangle and then cuts the letters in white seperatly ? also its the same with the green rectangle?

What im trying to do is have a red rectangle with the letters cut out and then two green strips with the letters cut out...the white will be the wall colour?

thanks

STAR CLUB.vDoc

I managed to punch out the letters on the green rectangles but the red rectangle wont allow me to punch out the letters?

Sorted it! Its quite hard to select 2 objects before using the punch tool.

Is there a way to select 2 objects using the object tool bar on the left of the main screen? instead of trying to put a box around the two objects? thanks

Generally, by holding down the SHIFT key, allows multi-selecting objects. Sometimes you have to reposition the objects (move back or move forward) in order to arrange items so that it's possible to 'grab' them with the pointer.

As Slice said, the hold the shift key to select multiple objects although I find drawing a box is usually easier and faster.

A couple of notes on your design. The red box extends down into the green. Ideally you don't want anything hidden on your screen because the cutter will cut the line, not what you see. You have a black background. The If white is your wall, then I the white boxes above and below the green I would remove, or punch them through the green and red so that the green and red boxes are the exact size you need. For the letters on the Red and green boxes, you have two options, you can punch them through like you're trying, or you can just leave the white text there and then when you send the image to the cutter, send both the box and the letters on the box. The cutter will then cut the box and the letters, effectively doing the punch out for you.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.