1clo1

MH871 MK2

9 minutes ago, 1clo1 said:

Thanks i was asking because Slice&dice said they use 30 for intricate designs.

His bold type indicates to me that is something he found on a site, I am only offering 12 years of personal experience as my wife and I have done a lot of fine detail.   Slice does have a lot of experience with the mh plotter

test it first - you can try upping the overcut a little if the cuts are not totally closing - it kind of makes up for the course stepper motor in the mh when it doesn't close the ends of the cuts

ok thanks, I will switch blades and try to adjust the overcut. do you know if this cutter will cut reflective vinyl?

it will cut it - just don't try to do anything very small - and reflective will eat blades so have several extras on hand

cut slow after you test to make sure your blade exposure and force are right for the reflective - it is tough material

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

it will cut it - just don't try to do anything very small - and reflective will eat blades so have several extras on hand

cut slow after you test to make sure your blade exposure and force are right for the reflective - it is tough material

Ok thanks, So should the 60 blade will work for the reflective, on 10 speed?

29 minutes ago, 1clo1 said:

Ok thanks, So should the 60 blade will work for the reflective, on 10 speed?

I have no idea what a 10 speed is on the current version of the mh main board,  over the years the different versions a 10 was same as a 60 or something Else as it is an arbitrary number and really has no reference 

Ditto on the 60* for everything. I have never gone back to a 45*

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

I have no idea what a 10 speed is on the current version of the mh main board,  over the years the different versions a 10 was same as a 60 or something Else as it is an arbitrary number and really has no reference 

Thanks for the info

Just looking at what you showed as your offset and overcut numbers. The 0.25mm offset is likely very close but as mentioned often needs a minor tweak but your overcut of 2 mm is probably more than you need. If you have a decent magnifying glass take a look and see if the start and stop points on a circle stop at about the same place or if they go past each other. Typically the overcut feature is not needed but if your cuts do not start and stop in the same spot you use that to help it. Most times it is somewhere in the same neighborhood as the blade offset. I don't think too much overcut will hurt anything but it may leave little tags of vinyl if the cuts at the start and end do not line up perfectly. 

If you are trying to determine the perfect blade offset with perfect corners you will want to use a small box (like a half inch or an inch) and cut it and look at the corners, Then change the offset a little and cut again until you can find th sweet spot between rounding off the corners and leaving weird spikes at the corners. Here is a little chart that may help you visualize it.

offsetpic.gif

• Like 2

If you are going to change your blade, regardless of degree/angle, I would highly recommend Clean Cut Blades. They do make a huge difference.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, haumana said:

If you are going to change your blade, regardless of degree/angle, I would highly recommend Clean Cut Blades. They do make a huge difference.

All I use too, but newbie might want to learn on the cheap ones ;) 

2 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

All I use too, but newbie might want to learn on the cheap ones ;) 

True, but I got to admit - mine survived and is still in the machine, even through my learning days ... 12+ years. I think I need to use my cutter more often. Hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

compre un uscutter mh871-mk2 y no me llego el CD para instalar los driver para windows 10 y necesito ayuda para poder instalarlo.. en intentado buscarlo no me aparece los driver