Sign in to follow this  
MalabarMcgyver

Copam CP-2500 Setup Success

I spent days trying to get my used CP-2500 working and I wanted to share what worked for me.  I began by trying to use the USB cable and the computer never seemed to recognize it because there was never a "New Hardware Found" alert.  I moved on to the serial cable, which I never got working.  I used a RS-232 serial adapter with a straight-thru cable first with no response.  I tried the RS-232 adapter with a 9-pin to 25-pin cable and it saw the cutter because SignBlazer was sending data, but it would never start cutting.  I tried a null cable, which I made, with the RS-232 adapter with no results.  I also tried it without pins 6 and 1 being shorted with no results.  I ordered the Tripp-Lite Keyspan RS-232 adapter because some said that was the only one that would work.  I continued to try different things and once I had given up and had no choice but to wait on the new adapter, I plugged the USB back in.  No "New Hardware" popped up, but I did still have Device Manager open and I noticed that a serial port had been added.  I went into the properties and advanced settings on the serial port and changed it to COM1 and it worked!  Just thought I would share since I would have pulled my hair out this weekend  - if I had any!

If you would have came here first, we would have sent you right to the user manual, instructions, as well as the driver right away. Not days.  Glad you got it.   Here is the manual if you need it. USB required a driver. It's not plug and play. The driver creates a com port number in your computer device manager. You match com port number to cutting software set up com port number.  Tripp-lite Keyspan adapter requires a null modem cable between the adapter and the vinyl cutter. (After you install the driver for the Tripp-lite)

https://support.uscutter.com/hc/en-us/sections/360007369351-Copam-Vinyl-Cutter-Series

50 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

If you would have came here first, we would have sent you right to the user manual, instructions, as well as the driver right away. Not days.  Glad you got it.   Here is the manual if you need it. USB required a driver. It's not plug and play. The driver creates a com port number in your computer device manager. You match com port number to cutting software set up com port number.  Tripp-lite Keyspan adapter requires a null modem cable between the adapter and the vinyl cutter. (After you install the driver for the Tripp-lite)

https://support.uscutter.com/hc/en-us/sections/360007369351-Copam-Vinyl-Cutter-Series

It’s kinda what we do.   Greatest group of volunteers on the net.  

• Like 2