Sign in to follow this  
haumana

GCC Expert 24 mobo

Is GCC it's own manufacturer, or is their Expert 24 cutter a rebranded something or another?

I have a friend who has a malfunctioning machine. The LED control panel will blink once when powered up, then no lights, but if you let the machine sit for a little bit (powered up), the carriage will go back and forth, then stop - then go back and forth again, then stop, etc. From what I've troll online, users have said that it's the mobo.

I suggested that, but since they got it for free they seem to want to see how much it would cost to try and fix it before dumping it.

10 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

gcc is it's own company

Good to know. I'm hoping that it'll end up in the dumpster, instead of spending time trolling for a replacement mobo :huh:

Also if you know the part number, There are many, many different motherboards on AliExpress.com  Tons of vinyl cutters that I have never heard of.:unsure:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Also if you know the part number, There are many, many different motherboards on AliExpress.com  Tons of vinyl cutters that I have never heard of.:unsure:

Thank you for the suggestion. I will suggest he do a quick tear down of the machine to see if can find a matching mobo on AE.

• Like 1