Bewhite

Secabo 120CIV the cut is not accurate

Hi,

I bought a Secabo 120CIV and the software I am using is FlexiSTARTER SECABO Edition 10.5.
My problem is the following: the machine cuts up there very well now it is not certain because I will leave a photo attached with a test of cutting the machine, the machine does not end in the same place because it leaves 1 mm away from where it starts where it ends .
Is there any tuning for this?
I was looking for a post with this question and I didn't find it because if there are any I apologize for repeating the doubt.

Thanks
best regards

IMG_20201110_145615.jpg

Biggest problems Newbies encounter is setting the blade depth correctly.  Too many wrong instructions out there. Don't use instructions that have to do with a credit card thickness or post it notes.  They are wrong. Vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick, so you only cut with the very tip of the blade.  Blade depth has to be set correctly before any other settings. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade out of the blade holder

Make sure the carriage head wheels are firmly in the track. Never be pulling vinyl from the roll, always enough slack to do the order.  Make sure blade holder is firmly down in the carriage arm.  If you had the blade too far out, make sure you haven't broken the tip off. 

• Like 3

Looks like you could use some adjustment to your offset as well. Don't try changing that till you get the blade length dialed in though.

If it's still not closing the cuts you can add a bit of overcut as well. Over cut and offset are set in your software.

• Like 1

blade depth first, because you're getting scratches on the vinyl where there shouldn't be any. if you have dialed in the right blade depth, then make sure you vinyl isn't tenting, or if you have a 3rd pinch roller, use it.

off set, to try and tighten up the corners.

offset pic.gif

• Like 2

It is true I am a novice working in an advertising company but I never had the training to calibrate the machines and now I had the opportunity to buy this second hand dryer, MZ SKEETER I already made the correct blade depth. it is cutting without marking the wa x paper. but this is leaving a mark at the beginning of the cut, I marked it with a red circle and I also did a test cutting some letters and the result is very bad.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

IMG_20201112_115327.jpg

IMG_20201112_120613.jpg

Did you follow my instructions?  You can have the blade out too far and and still not be making a mark on the wax paper backing.  And   I stated, you should barely see a mark in wax paper backing.  You want to see a slight mark on the backing, That way you know you are cutting all the way thru the adhesive.  It also helps if you need to replace a small piece, you can see the outline. If your thinking, it's just because it doesn't cut the backing,  then you would be wrong. It is about how far the blade is extended out of the blade holder. You should barely even see the blade tip out of the blade holder.  You use the force of the machine to cut.You use the least amount of blade possible, Even if you think it wouldn't cut at all.  You only cut with the very tip of the blade.   What does the teflon cutting strip look like?  If it is all gouged and scratched, that will cause problems.  Also you need to start with a new blade. Seeing as how the cutter is used, try a drop or 2 of light oil in the blade holder, The blade must spin freely. And if you have the pen tool, what happens when you use it? 

• Like 1

MZ SKEETER I did as you said the blade as soon as you see it I leave a photo to see, in relation to the cut it marks the paper but it is very light. Currently I don't have the pen just tomorrow, I can do the test with the pen. But is he not cutting at a right angle due to speed? a or can it still be due to the blade? I'll put a drop of oil on the tip to make the blade looser. The teflon strip has some marks but I am making the cut in a part where it is not marked because I had already thought about it, I put a new one today because as they said it could have broken the end, I did not even express the blade from yesterday.

Thank you

lamina.jpg

corte_1.jpg

CORTE.jpg

Make sure the carriage arm is not cracked holding the blade holder. Maybe slow the machine way down and get down eye level and watch it cutting. Make sure the blade holder is straight up and down while it is cutting.  I have nothing else to offer. 

Does the blade spin freely in the blade holder? Does the blade holder move at all in the holder arm? That image of the text looks like a really bad offset issue, which it could be, but it could also be other issues such as the blade not turning or the holder moving when it shouldn't.

MZ SKEETER can be the blade? because these blades I bought on ebay at a very good price but this must be Chinese.

I was looking to see if there was any gap between the car and the blade holder but nothing is all right.

Thank you very much for all your help, at least I already know how to fine tune the blade now, just missing the right cuts.

darcshadow the blade rotates freely in the blade holder until I put a drop of fine machine oil. the blade holder does not move in relation to the arm where the blade holder goes. I think it's a displacement problem because I have a 60cm plotter from China and it is the same thing