NuEraAutoConcepts

Laserpoint 2 Speed and Pressure Settings

Hello just bought a used Laserpoint 2 to learn and start making decals I was running it at 600 speed and 170g pressure when I was cutting on scrap 651 oracal scraps that came with the cutter well I purchased 951 not realizing I was using 651 before I cannot find the sweet spot setting. Either it cuts to deep and pics the vinyl up after it finishes a cut and messes up the letter or it doesn't cut deep enough it cuts enough to weed but some parts don't fully cut through. Any advice running it currently at 300 speed 100g pressure.

If you're getting inconsistent cuts, some too deep, some to shallow  - check your cutting strip. If you have slash marks in it, it can give you inconsistent cut depths. 170 pressure sound like a lot, but I have an LP1, so I don't know what kind of changes USC made between the two models.

If you need to, pull the blade holder back out and reset the blade depth from scratch, then put it back in the machine and use the TEST function on the control panel to test your cuts - you can set the speed and force on the control panel, test, test, test until you find the sweet spot. If you're still getting inconsistent cuts, move your vinyl to a different part of the cutting window and test in that area (where there aren't any slashes in the cutting strip).

Keep us posted.

• Like 1

There are too many incorrect instructions out there for setting the blade depth, We don't know how you set it.  Do not use a credit card thickness or post it notes. It is very important to get the blade depth set correct first, before you can adjust the blade offset.  The correct combo is less blade, more force.  This is the correct way to set your blade depth.  For speed, start slow until you learn the cutter. For small text and detailed work you will want to run slow.  

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade out of the blade holder

• Like 1