bob-le-bob

CE7000 - "Please Send Firmware"

I've had a google - but I can't find anyone who has ever reported this error before!?

Turning on CE7000, screen says Please Send Firmware.

I've tried rebooting holding different arrow keys,  the firmware has never been updated and it worked before the weekend absolutely fine.

A call has been logged with an engineer, but I don't know how long I will have to wait for them to get here so I'm hoping someone has a bright idea so I can do the jobs I've got backed up now!

It's less than a month old as well :(

Help!

a failed firmware update has usually caused mainboards to be replaced from what we have seen on the forum.  the ce7000 is now made in thailand - - - unless there was a failed attempt to install firmware that message should never come up and we have seen more problems with people updating firmware to the point we recommend not doing it unless there is a solid reason to mess with it.  

55 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

a failed firmware update has usually caused mainboards to be replaced from what we have seen on the forum.  the ce7000 is now made in thailand - - - unless there was a failed attempt to install firmware that message should never come up and we have seen more problems with people updating firmware to the point we recommend not doing it unless there is a solid reason to mess with it.  

I have never attempted to update the firmware, it just stopped working this morning

Storms or anything last night that could have zapped the machine and corrupted the firmware. Rare, but it can happen.

1 hour ago, darcshadow said:

Storms or anything last night that could have zapped the machine and corrupted the firmware. Rare, but it can happen.

No storms and it wasn’t even plugged in

1 hour ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Have you tried Factory reset?  Turn power on while pushing the UP arrow same time.  

Yep, straight to the same error message

31 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

So what happens when you go,to the SEND FIRMWARE feature on the cutter?  What does it show?   To update Firmware is to hold the Left and Right arrow buttons at the same time. 

https://www.graphtecamerica.com/cp-faq-video-firmware-update

It doesn't ever get that far, as soon as it boots up it goes straight to please send firmware.  I did download the firmware updater to try that, but it won't talk to the machine.

Graphtec have never heard of this happening before :/

21 minutes ago, bob-le-bob said:

It doesn't ever get that far, as soon as it boots up it goes straight to please send firmware.  I did download the firmware updater to try that, but it won't talk to the machine.

Graphtec have never heard of this happening before :/

Although I have never had to use it. Graphtec does have a great warranty. They should get you going again soon.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mochione said:

Hello, I also have a graphtec ce7000-60 and the same thing happened to me

Having owned one I suggest anyone with issues with the  ce7000 to contact graphtec support directly.  

• Like 1

Absolutely,, this is a new cutter under warranty and we are not tech support for these new cutters.  Contact Graphtec tech support.

• Like 1