Sign in to follow this  
bikemike

Software update

Is anyone using graphtec pro studio and updated to 3.10?

It was annoying me with reminders, so I gave in. The new version crashes like crazy! Biggest one is if you select "select within"

11 hours ago, Dakotagrafx said:

that is the version I am running win no issues so far

Try the right click and select within and see if it works for you. I may have to reinstall.

14 minutes ago, Dakotagrafx said:

just got up and tried it - worked fine - hopefully a reinstall fixes yours 

Downloaded again, reinstalled and still messing up. Have to try on a few other files.

Thanks

• Sad 1

Looks like, and I am not sure, that I am doing something in the wrong order. Still going to mess with it a bit and see if I can figure it out.

I hate user error!

• Like 1

I got it figured out. 1 of the settings in "outline" was wrong. Now it isn't crashing when I try to create what the setting does without me. Brain must have been in corel mode.

That is what happens when you use a program that is not really for what you are doing.

The files where originally going to be cut, but it became easier to print them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bikemike said:

Downloaded again, reinstalled and still messing up. Have to try on a few other files.

Thanks

Yeah, now and then I have to forget something for a bit till it causes me problems - guess just part of getting older and actually doing things.  my step father hasn't had a hobby or much activities since retiring so he makes far fewer mistakes :P

• Haha 1

Well, created a new file this morning and had the same problem with "select within". My "Design Central" disappears and will not come back. Then when clicking on something, the save as window pops up. Went back to 2.9 and everything is fine. Guess I will have to put up with the "update available" notice until the next version.

On 10/30/2020 at 8:05 PM, Dakotagrafx said:

Yeah, now and then I have to forget something for a bit till it causes me problems - guess just part of getting older and actually doing things.  my step father hasn't had a hobby or much activities since retiring so he makes far fewer mistakes :P

sorry to hear that - I am using it on my design computer which isn't quite normal - 8 core, 64gb ram, - glad I built it when I had the printer so I had an excuse of needing all that with the large raster images - now would have a hard time justifying it with the wife ;)

• Like 1