jerjer

Cuyi cto630 driver

Hello to all. I would like to ask if you can help me with it my Cuyi cto630 because the disc was lost so i dont have a driver. If anyone of you having a Cuyi cto630 driver, hoping you can share it to me. 

I tried to search for the driver for it in several sites and i cant find the REAL driver. It doesnt respond to any software like Easy Cut Studio and Sign Master Demo. Well i am not sure if it is because of the driver. (when i install a driver then i restart my desktop). I remembered that 2 weeks ago my cuyi is working well with my desktop but i deleted everything on my computer and tried windows 10 (then i downgrade to 8 then try win10 then win 8) and i forgot what i did on how i made it work..

I tried it also on my Windows 10 but it didnt respond (so i tried lowering to windows 8 which i use currently because i heard win10 can affect the driver issues)

I already tried to install it through device manager AUTOMATICALLY and it says that the driver is up to date.

Windows: 8.1 PRO

Port: USB serial  ch340 Com2 (serial port on my cuyi and usb port on my desktop)

1.png.766980943f3114cd49113d6f787496ec.png

1.png.770c7a6ad12b6b5a981e31ff16954343.png

Easy Cut Studio

2.thumb.png.f5cb4c565cf42548bd9e132d273b9079.png

3.png.7ccc57eb07890664c688de5015403ee2.png

Sign Master Demo

4.thumb.png.14b081c58d6ec686eacf773e2590be4e.png

5.png.a65582f84386c0655bc44f9c72c46902.png

6.png.4e0f77e34a220b6503992ab4bbc8eda6.png

Advance THAMK YOU for those who can help me

You appear to have the necessary driver as you have a comm port that appears to be valid and your settings look good so I don't see any obvious reason as to why it's not working.

What do you get if you click the test connection button in Easy Cut

12 minutes ago, darcshadow said:

You appear to have the necessary driver as you have a comm port that appears to be valid and your settings look good so I don't see any obvious reason as to why it's not working.

What do you get if you click the test connection button in Easy Cut

-----

From what i remembered it has a reminder message about what will happen to my Cuyi like the rollers will move and the needle will not go down so it will not cut anything. 

But the machine has no response from it.. 

Also i found out that under control panel - add devices  wherein i can see the printers, usb, monitors and others that i installed. I saw my CUYI (not sure for the name) under UNIDENTIFIED DEVICE. I tried to click TROUBLESHOOTING but it says something about USB 3.0 and 2.0 and many things.. 

I will post it maybe 12-14 hours from now because its night time already.. 

- i post my reply through phone

Thanks

Do you have your usb-2-serial adapter plugged into a USB hub? If so, try plugging it directly into the computer.

Also, I noticed that you have a COMM1 on the computer. Is that a built in DB9 comm port? If so, I'd use that and skip the USB-2-Serial adapter.

i dont plug it on USB hub.. I plug it directly on my computer (USB port). I have 4 USB ports at the back of  my computer (Cutter device and keyboard) and 2 ports in front (mouse).. I already tried all PORTS at back and front for that cuyi cutter. 

Well i dont have an idea what is a COM1.. When i always reboot my Operating System then that COM1 always appear on my device manager.

This is what i use

6.png.49837cc3051287ecc5231b38d964dfa0.png

I found out that my cutter is on UNSPECIFIED and when i click the troubleshoot then look at the picture below.. i change the cutter in other ports thats why it became COM3 and not COM2 anaymore. I will try to search for the issues found on troubleshooting.

1.png.10ccd6e45d3ba2ba71415a95adff072c.png

2.png.dccfb1b1b4a5b92498ed3f71323c1098.png

You can also try Sign Blazer Elements for troubleshooting purposes.

1 hour ago, haumana said:

You can also try Sign Blazer Elements for troubleshooting purposes.

I will try that.. I just rebooted my computer again for the 6th time.. 

Not all usb to serial cables will work with a vinyl cutter.  Only a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter is recommended on here.  That is the brand name. With a null modem serial cable.   Find the best price.

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USA-19HS/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=SWAV5IUO7AFZ&dchild=1&keywords=tripp-lite+keyspan+adapter&qid=1603859882&sprefix=tripp-lite+keyspan%2Caps%2C289&sr=8-1

39 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Not all usb to serial cables will work with a vinyl cutter.  Only a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter is recommended on here.  That is the brand name. With a null modem serial cable.   Find the best price.

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USA-19HS/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=SWAV5IUO7AFZ&dchild=1&keywords=tripp-lite+keyspan+adapter&qid=1603859882&sprefix=tripp-lite+keyspan%2Caps%2C289&sr=8-1

But my cutter is already detected in device manager.. 

Do i need a driver guys for my cutter? 

When you update your devices under device manager then do i need a driver for my cutter? 

30 minutes ago, jerjer said:

But my cutter is already detected in device manager.. 

Cheap usb to serial adapters have the same cheap Chinese chipset as the vinyl cutter.  They are hit or miss.  They are not true USB like higher end cutters,   A Tripp-like Keyspan Adapter is closer to being a true USB cable, A Much better connection. And the data does not overflow. Much better flow of data. A Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter has helped hundreds of users on here and guaranteed to work with a vinyl cutter. 

In this case since it all worked in the past I am doubtful that the brand of adapter is the issue. However, it is possible that the adapter itself has stopped working in a manor that the self test can not detect. Buying a tripp-lit adapter is a cheap test. You could also have a problem with the serial cable, or the cutter itself. From what you've shown on the screens I don't feel that this is a software problem, although SB is worth a try, it's free afterall.

14 hours ago, darcshadow said:

In this case since it all worked in the past I am doubtful that the brand of adapter is the issue. However, it is possible that the adapter itself has stopped working in a manor that the self test can not detect. Buying a tripp-lit adapter is a cheap test. You could also have a problem with the serial cable, or the cutter itself. From what you've shown on the screens I don't feel that this is a software problem, although SB is worth a try, it's free afterall.

I think i need to try to find a Cuyi cto630 driver first on the internet and i will manually install it..

Then if it is still not working then i will try to revive the damaged USB PORT of my cutter and i will try that port first rather than that serial port. 

My cutter is 10 years old.. Maybe thats why it cant automatically install the driver because it is very old. It needs to manually install it. Again, it works in the last 3 weeks (using the usb port of cutter) but suddenly i change my OS to windows 10 and it stop working. I tried to reconnect it until it the port was broken. So thats why i changed it to serial port of the cutter.

I am so stressed because i am fixing it for almost a month

If you're using the serial port of a cutter you do not need a driver for the cutter, you just need your software configured to send the correct message over the serial port. You would only need a driver for the plotter if you want to use the USB port on the plotter. In reality the driver would not actually be for the plotter but for the USB to serial adapter that is built into the plotter.

To be sure i think i need to fix the usb port of it.. 

What do you call the name of the usb port or whatever it is called below? The specific name. 

Thats the port of my cuyi cutter plotter and its broken. 

IMG_20201030_210039.thumb.jpg.e78d26d9c188fa352853bc628499fb6d.jpgIMG_20201030_210052.thumb.jpg.a1d87b07a2016e9616c683362f541033.jpg

That is the I/O board. The square USB port itself can be purchased for pennies and re-soldered onto the circuit carefully (4 prongs).

PCB USB Connector Type-B Female Jack is the name of that part.

13 hours ago, slice&dice said:

That is the I/O board. The square USB port itself can be purchased for pennies and re-soldered onto the circuit carefully (4 prongs).

PCB USB Connector Type-B Female Jack is the name of that part.

ok thanks.. I watch some tutorials and its hard to put it back because you need some  tools.. I think i will bring it to technicians,

i tried to uninstall in device manager my USB serial and looks like its having a hard time finding the driver.

We can see the yellow icon on device manager (USB 2.0 Ser) but after i click the close button on "update driver software - USB 2-0 SER! message" but it already fixed (it became USB SERIAL CH340) which means it already installed but not the cutter driver.

1.png.9bbf3e9958d7425c78f6c9d5ebc26087.png

The manufacturer website is so annoying and the website is so slow

2.png.f68e50f10847a55cb2cc35ecdb647184.png3.png.06d8818a4d44655e6dca5f4335198546.png

There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Go into the Properties of the USB-Ser in your Device Manager and find the Hardware ID. Write down the random looking string, and Google that.