inosome

Linotype Font Size Issue

I am working in VinylMaster LTE v4 and I have Linotype Helvetica® Now Pro Text Medium (OT-CFF) purchased and installed on my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit desktop.

I have that font set as my default font in VinylMaster and I need a Capital Height or Physical Size of .5  (i.e. 1/2) inch for me job.

Yet, when I set the physical size to .5 inch the product both cut, on-screen and printed is much smaller than 1/2 inch and to achieve the 1/2 inch all capital letters I must set physical size to around .780  

I have also tried setting size to 36pt but get exact result as .5 inch setting.

This does not happen with Arial of Calibri etc and in MS Word the Helvetica font is true to font size setting...i.e if I set .5 inch the capital characters print .5 inch.

I am not a professional and a novice to VinylMaster but I have tried researching this issue and am somewhat confused.

It would be most appreciated if somebody could give me some help with this.

Thanks

VM Helvetica 1.jpg

On 10/8/2018 at 4:21 PM, VinylMaster said:

Text size is based on either typographic size which includes the Ascender and Descender or the physical size of the capital letter H of each font as shown here:

font size.jpg

Personally I never use the text size box but rather use the object sizing option.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, inosome said:

I am working in VinylMaster LTE v4 and I have Linotype Helvetica® Now Pro Text Medium (OT-CFF) purchased and installed on my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit desktop.

I have that font set as my default font in VinylMaster and I need a Capital Height or Physical Size of .5  (i.e. 1/2) inch for me job.

Yet, when I set the physical size to .5 inch the product both cut, on-screen and printed is much smaller than 1/2 inch and to achieve the 1/2 inch all capital letters I must set physical size to around .780  

I have also tried setting size to 36pt but get exact result as .5 inch setting.

This does not happen with Arial of Calibri etc and in MS Word the Helvetica font is true to font size setting...i.e if I set .5 inch the capital characters print .5 inch.

I am not a professional and a novice to VinylMaster but I have tried researching this issue and am somewhat confused.

It would be most appreciated if somebody could give me some help with this.

Thanks

VM Helvetica 1.jpg

I find so much difference between various fonts that I build a box the size I want the text and make sure it fits one time then I know what font size to use for that file. Additionally very few  letters are all the same size regardless of which font. So it's all realative. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.