Sign in to follow this  
VisualExpressionsNJ

Titan 2 Contour Cutting Problems

So just recently I've been running into this problem.  I have a contour cut around a object that is round and at the origin of the cut it cuts that area flat.  you can see in the photos whats its doing.

I do all my contour cuts in Sure Cuts A Lot Pro 5.

IMG_1725.thumb.jpg.bf17229fa47df7904fff4f34007d2398.jpgIMG_1726.thumb.jpg.8272b1c638ecb2e630ff001885333942.jpg

This is what it is supposed to look like.  This was the first truck i did.
120255202_2643287022598216_7575722050044135154_o.thumb.jpg.04171c9a3aadefac449afa8ad2ebd2e0.jpg

Any help would be great, thanks in advance!

how wide is the design?  Is the design within the area that can be cut on your machine? What ever size you have. Is your area in Scalp wide enough for the design?   Can the cutter cut past your pinch rollers?   Some cutters like the Graphtec cannot. They have a magnet stopping from cutting past the pinch rollers. 

the design is well within the boundaries of the plotter.  ive done the same with a 8x11 piece of paper and printed a circle and contour cut it with a pen, and it does the same thing.

Just from doing some reading about a Saga, which the Titan2 is a rebranded Saga.  I do see that there is a sensor on the left side of the machine, in the back. And that sensor will restrict the carriage head from traveling further to the left.  I don't know if that is your problem or whether you cutter is considered old firmware or the newer firmware.  New firmware gives the  oversize error.  But you could also get that carriage restriction from not having the ORIGIN further to the right on the machine, on the older firmware machine..  Looking at your designs, your carriage head is being stopped from traveling to the left.  This may or may not be the problem.  Just throwing that out there. I don't know where you are starting your cuts at on the right side or where you place your ORIGIN.  

Is it possible to rotate it 180* and still see if it happens?

If you tried to scale to down (substantially), does it still happen?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VisualExpressionsNJ said:

so i just did another test and if i make a 1/2" box around the contour cut, it cuts completely fine.

Probably some gremlin in the driver that is messing it up. Good work around with the box. 

• Like 1