Hippie459MN

34" SC2, is it worth it? *upgrade*

I have a MH871 that I have had for about 12 years now and recently it stopped responding out of nowhere ( http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/57643-mh871-suddenly-stopped-responding-at-all/). Sadly it seem that my MH871 too old and they no longer carry parts for it so im looking to replace it asap. I only use it as a hobby thing so it doesnt get a ton of use so I cant justify paying thousands for a new one. I would if I could afford it and it was going to be generating enough revenue to justify the cost in a short time.

So my question is, is the SC2 a good choice for a small upgrade or should I just get another MH871?

Also, will the SC2 work with SignBlazer ok? Its my preferred software as I have save a ton of stuff in it and after 12 years, I just know it and it works more than enough for what I need it for.

Thanks.

steer clear of the new MH and definately get the sc2 for the upgrade - pretty sure signblazer will still work with it but get the vinylmaster option when ordering to have a new updated software - -  -

• Like 1

Get the best machine within your budget. You managed to keep an MH alive for 12-years, so clearly you know how to care for your equipment. You probably have done enough jobs with your MH to pay for it several times over, so you know what kind of money you can make to pay for the new machine. You definitely get what you pay for, so get the best you can within your budget.

SBE shouldn't be a problem to run on an SC or any other cutter you might be considering. I runs on my Graphtec perfectly.

• Like 2

I think I might just pull the trigger on the SC2. The only real trouble the MH871 ever gave me was when I was using it on USB with larger images but I switched to the serial cable and that fixed that and I had to replace the Z axis chip in it twice because of static but other than that, it worked great for me for what I needed it for. One day I will buy something much better if I ever decide to really step up my vinyl game.

When buyers come here asking about the MH cutters, we always suggest the SC2. Too many problems we see on the current MH cutter.  Sometimes people go ahead and buy them , then regret it, and send them back for the SC2.  People seem to be pretty happy with the SC2. 

• Like 2

I too like SB, but Vinyl Master is a nice step up. The ability to add a bit of overcut is worth it for a value cutter if nothing else.

Also, I would suggest anytime you open a design, or create a new design in SB export/save it off as an EPS file. That way, when SB does finally stop working you won't have lost all your designs.

• Like 2

I guess my next question is, what does the anti static kit consist of? I cant find any real actual picture of it. If its something I can make rather than pay $15 for something that consists of $2 in parts.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it.