Can

CE5000-40 Unable to access menu

Try factory reset.  Turn on Power Button, while holding down the UP arrow.   I have never seen that before.  

Thanks for your reply! I have tried factory resetting multiple times, but it doesn't help. 

new one on me too - the speed it rolls the vinyl out followed by the sudden stop is curious 

Have you tried controlling it with the Graphtec Cutting Controller? ( for windows only)  Or maybe you can't? Does the cutter ever go to ready? 

We use a Mac, so I guess that wouldn't work. It went to ready, but when I sent it something to print, it would move about an inch and then stop. Then none of the buttons would do anything, so I would have to restart it.

The crazy thing is, I came into work today and sent it something to cut so I could record it and show you, but it randomly works now! I think it will stop working at some point, but I'm thankful that its working now!

I just run off of a cheap XP laptop for my Graphtec. If it would take spending less than $100 for a windows laptop to make it work. I would consider it.  Or at least borrow one and see if it would work.  Maybe your cutter control panel pad is going out. (the buttons).