Sign in to follow this  
arty-rc

Ricoh sg3110dn blockage

Hi all!! Can anyone give me advice on how to clear a blocked printhead on my Ricoh sg3110dn sublimation printer? This is the first time since I bought it that  I have had any problems with it. The yellow is printing a very pale color and the other heads are OK. The nozzle check shows just 5 faint lines of ink, out of 20 lines, at the bottom part of the printout. I tried many head cleanings and even installed a new yellow cartridge and ran more head cleanings. My workload does not warrant buying a new sublimation printer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

been so long since I had anything more than needing head cleanings I can't really offer any help - I had a 7000 that had the cyan head nozzles go bad and never was able to get it back - - I thought I had read somewhere about a way to do a head soak but again so long ago and it didn't help the 7000 at the time - sorry to hear about that arty  - same boat as I have not checked mine in over a year of sitting but don't have the voluum anymore to justify if it needs replaced 

Right after I made my post I took the new cartridge out to inspect the inlet port. I spotted what looks like a dark gel like substance in the port. The other color ports were clear.  When I get back from my running around this afternoon I'm going to try to clear it out. I'll carefully clean out what I can grab with various tools and picks and then use a syringe to try to suck out the rest and flush out whai I can. Wish me luck!!

• Like 1

wishing you the best sir - the ricohs are much easier than the epsons for sure - with the gel ink you may have a shot at it

Well, after trying everything under the sun and going to Sawgrass for help, I am sad to say that my Ricoh printer has gone to R.I.P. I went through all the tests and checks from Sawgrass Tech Support. I even gambled on two new ink cartridges, but the error codes were still there. The printer would not even allow me to reset it to factory specs. Sawgrass Tech Support, three different techs, all said that nothing eles could be done. Just like Dakotagrafx said, my workload does not justify a new replacement unit. 

• Sad 1