Sign in to follow this  
arty-rc

Ricoh sg3110dn blockage

Hi all!! Can anyone give me advice on how to clear a blocked printhead on my Ricoh sg3110dn sublimation printer? This is the first time since I bought it that  I have had any problems with it. The yellow is printing a very pale color and the other heads are OK. The nozzle check shows just 5 faint lines of ink, out of 20 lines, at the bottom part of the printout. I tried many head cleanings and even installed a new yellow cartridge and ran more head cleanings. My workload does not warrant buying a new sublimation printer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

been so long since I had anything more than needing head cleanings I can't really offer any help - I had a 7000 that had the cyan head nozzles go bad and never was able to get it back - - I thought I had read somewhere about a way to do a head soak but again so long ago and it didn't help the 7000 at the time - sorry to hear about that arty  - same boat as I have not checked mine in over a year of sitting but don't have the voluum anymore to justify if it needs replaced 

Right after I made my post I took the new cartridge out to inspect the inlet port. I spotted what looks like a dark gel like substance in the port. The other color ports were clear.  When I get back from my running around this afternoon I'm going to try to clear it out. I'll carefully clean out what I can grab with various tools and picks and then use a syringe to try to suck out the rest and flush out whai I can. Wish me luck!!

• Like 1

wishing you the best sir - the ricohs are much easier than the epsons for sure - with the gel ink you may have a shot at it