JLam

Help Identify My Cutter

Hi all!

I recently purchased a plotter cutter and I don't know what brand or model it is. Because of that, I can't figure out what driver I should be using to start cutting. I keep selecting different ones and nothing seems to work.

I have removed the top panel of the unit and found Jin Ka printed on the green electronics panel but it looks like there are a lot on "Jinka" models spread throughout a bunch of different brands. Goldencut, Rohs, etc. 

I'm feeling like I'm nearing a dead end. Please help. Thanks!

Photo 2020-10-07, 8 09 42 PM.jpg

Photo 2020-10-07, 8 09 46 PM.jpg

Photo 2020-10-07, 8 09 50 PM.jpg

Photo 2020-10-07, 8 09 56 PM.jpg

Photo 2020-10-07, 8 10 02 PM.jpg

With using a serial port, there's a possibility you don't actually need a driver, just need to set the comms in your software to the correct settings.

Drivers are to tell the computer how to talk to a device. In this case you are talking to the device through the standard comm port so as long as your computer has a working comm port you just need the software to send the correct messages. Most cutters use the HPGL languange over standard RS-232 protocol.

What software are you using?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I finally got it working. This cutter does not use a standard rs-232 but a frankenstein cable (I had to rewire the cable to allow communication bw computer and cutter.)

I think I'll make a Youtube video to explain what I did so that others don't have to spend 20 hours to figure it out too.

11 minutes ago, JLam said:

I finally got it working. This cutter does not use a standard rs-232 but a frankenstein cable (I had to rewire the cable to allow communication bw computer and cutter.)

I think I'll make a Youtube video to explain what I did so that others don't have to spend 20 hours to figure it out too.

It is called a null modem serial cable and that is wired different than a regular serial cable and what we usually smuggest to people looking for cables for value cutters.

• Like 1