Sign in to follow this  
xdesign305

Thicker Vinyl?

Hey guys! I have a small decal business and I just ran into a problem. I did a lot of decals for one of my customers. It's his logo and he gives them out to his customers. They usually put them on their car windows. He used to have someone else that did his decals and he is comparing the two of us. I'm not sure what the other person used. He tells me that my decals are thin. I'm not sure what to do now. Can anyone recommend a thicker vinyl? 

Not sure if he is comparing all of the decals I have made for him but he shouldn't compare them. I have made him printed decals that are laminated (Avery vinyl plus laminate), I have made him reflective ones (3M), which is extremely thick material and then just regular cut vinyl (Oracal 651).

Hopefully someone can recommend something different.

1 hour ago, xdesign305 said:

Hey guys! I have a small decal business and I just ran into a problem. I did a lot of decals for one of my customers. It's his logo and he gives them out to his customers. They usually put them on their car windows. He used to have someone else that did his decals and he is comparing the two of us. I'm not sure what the other person used. He tells me that my decals are thin. I'm not sure what to do now. Can anyone recommend a thicker vinyl? 

Not sure if he is comparing all of the decals I have made for him but he shouldn't compare them. I have made him printed decals that are laminated (Avery vinyl plus laminate), I have made him reflective ones (3M), which is extremely thick material and then just regular cut vinyl (Oracal 651).

Hopefully someone can recommend something different.

better cast vinyl is quite a bit thinner than cheaper calendared vinyl - explain the difference and ask him if he wants you to use a cheaper thicker vinyl