Sign in to follow this  
JPvinyl

How to properly display/advertise in a store

Lots of backstory to this one so bear with me please!

I have been a "sign guy" for 15+ years. Either as an installer for another company or producing and installing my own.  My shop has always just been in my basement. I do craft fairs and different vendor shows to keep work coming in and sales up. Big wall wraps, small signs and all in between. 

Well,  here is where it gets confusing.  My mother in law just bought and opened up her own Animal Care center doing day care and grooming and more. She gifted me an office in the building so I could have a bit more space that's properly lit and I can pull alllll my sign stuff out of my place for  some breathing room. She wants me to have a display in her retail area to display my business and my animal themed items which is fantastic!  

Here's my question:. Do I advertise that I have a new location?  Also, people going to drop off their pet for a bath aren't looking for a sign guy.  Do I bother advertising in house, or do I just have her display my items and let her advertise having her own in house personalisation department and offer to sell stickers I make?   

How about all of the above? If your existing customers have needed to come to you at your basement workshop, then yes - you should let them know of your new location. If you've always delivered and/or shipped out, then you don't need to bother letting people know you have a new location.

Free advertising usually never hurt. So if you just put something small in the window, or a brochure stand on a counter top, or whatever - something is better than nothing if you're trying to drum up some business. What you could do it do a few freebie decals for your MIL to give out to paid customers, with your information on the the back of the decal.

The beauty of your MIL's business, is that you have no idea what her customers do for a living, which could potentially bring you a wide range of exposure - restaurateurs, brink and mortar store owners, car enthusiast, marketing managers for companies who want to rebrand, fishing store owners, tow companies that need signs, etc ....

Again, something is better than nothing - unless you are content with your customer base and are not looking to expand your revenue.

Do you have exterior signage options? Your own entrance? Business cards all printed up?

How much $$ is the rental for this location?

13 hours ago, slice&dice said:

Do you have exterior signage options? Your own entrance? Business cards all printed up?

How much $$ is the rental for this location?

Not yet, no and yes.   Rent is free. She wants to let me.have the space to earn money.  You can earn money for someone else or you can earn it for yourself.