CodyWatkin123

Shelf life of wall decals with application tape applied?

I was hoping for some advice on whether it is a good idea to pre make vinyl wall decals in bulk and apply the application tape. I have over 100+ designs so it would make more sense to apply application tape to the entire sheets straight after they come off the large cutter, which  i then cut up separately and store on a shelf ready to be sent when brought. I live in the UK so climate/products etc may be a little different to most of you on here but the decals would be stored in a dryish cold garage, i use clear Medium tack application tape (Brand: DeTape) and Detape Matt black vinyl. Most of the designs are about 12 inches x 24 inches in size but also goes smaller, I also haven't launched the business yet so this may be something that becomes easier to gauge once i know what designs will sell quickly.

Would love some advice on these questions:

1) How long do decals with application tape applied last before they are no good/too difficult for the customer to apply?
2) What is the best way to store the designs, e.g temperature, humidity, under flat heavy object? etc
3) i would also love to know the reason why you cant store them too long with tape applied? (if thats the case)

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could give any advice on this

Thankyou

i have designs sitting around for like 2 years and the app tape is fine. I try to avoid making work ahead of time, or without being paid for first to avoid stuff sitting around though. I cut per order since I do it on the side

• Like 1