sophie reynolds

I can get my cutter to plot -please help :)

I think it would help if I had a driver for the utp adapter becuase Darkshadow doesn't seem to think the one that Haumana gave me was the right one.

I looked at the CD's I have and I can't find it.  I keep my disks together so if I had it, it would be with the others.

How are you sending your design to the cutter?  What exactly are you doing?   Cutter drivers or cable drivers have nothing to do with opening Flexi Production .  Manager.  Of course you can't send it to a cutter, because your not connected, BUT the Production Manger will open and be ready. 

13 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

How are you sending your design to the cutter?  What exactly are you doing?   

Okay, so after I have the image ready to cut, I do the following:

Put the vinyl in the cutter with the pinch-pins in place.  Switch the cutter on.  Press setup so its ready to cut.

In flexi, I press file - cut/plot - on this computer (Local)

Production manager opens.  I modify the material/position/size to be used and press send.

Once I press send - its at this point that I get the error message.

Ok,  I thought you were getting the message as the Production Manager was trying to open.  So your getting it when you are sending to the cutter.  Just try a trial software and see if they work.  

Most of us here on the forum would say get a Tripp-Lite Keyspan Adapter with a null modem cable.  Have no clue about the cable that your using.   Never heard of it.  

I'm thinking maybe if I took each component at a time and dissected it.  That maybe helpful.  I bit like the question, how do you print...

Starting with UTP adapter.

I have a newer laptop which unfortunately I cannot use to make my cuts because the driver is not compatible with the Windows I am using.  Flexi work fine but I cannot cut the image.  However, I wanted to check the UTP to see if it worked on the laptop and it does.  Below are images from both the new and old laptop.  The purple background is the newer laptop and the green is the one that is running Window XP.  Would it be safe to say therefore that the UTP connection is working fine?

image1(22).jpeg

image2(16).jpeg

image3(10).jpeg

image4(5).jpeg

image5(3).jpeg

image6(2).jpeg

image7(1).jpeg

10 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Ok,  I thought you were getting the message as the Production Manager was trying to open.  So your getting it when you are sending to the cutter.  Just try a trial software and see if they work.  

Sorry but I don't know what you mean by a trial software?

Trial software, =Demo software. It lets' you try it out for free before you buy it.   Many people use the Roland PNC1000 driver for many vinyl cutters. It is a generic driver and works clear up to Windows 10.   Maybe you could try it on your newer laptop. 

https://vinylmaster.software/  Demo

Here is Signblazer free to use anytime. .  Use the .exe download. 

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Software/SignBlazer/

Here is what a Tripp_lite Keypan Adapter looks like. . It has it's own driver.  (I had a wrong link up here before)

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USA-19HS/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Tripp-lite+Keyspan+Adapter&qid=1601615144&sr=8-2

6 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Trial software, =Demo software. It lets' you try it out for free before you buy it.   Many people use the Roland PNC1000 driver for many vinyl cutters. It is a generic driver and works clear up to Windows 10.   Maybe you could try it on your newer laptop. 

Here is what a Tripp_lite Keypan Adapter looks like. . It has it's own driver.

https://www.amazon.com/BENFEI-Essential-Accesory-Compatible-Ubiquity/dp/B07MYQPYKR/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Tripp-lite+Keyspan+Adapter&qid=1601593949&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyVVg0NjZMQUQyOFQmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5ODc3NTAyRUlCWktFV1ZEV0laJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA2MTg1NzcxTTAzWjgwMjFNWTVTJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I will try the pnc1000 on my newer laptop it runs Windows 10 so fingers crossed it work :)

Please image of the 'slots' for the adapters that I can use on my cutter.  I don't think the Tripp_Lite adapter will work - but thank you for suggesting it.

Just now, sophie reynolds said:

I will try the pnc1000 on my newer laptop it runs Windows 10 so fingers crossed it work :)

Please image of the 'slots' for the adapters that I can use on my cutter.  I don't think the Tripp_Lite adapter will work - but thank you for suggesting it.

image1(23).jpeg

13 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Here is what a Tripp_lite Keypan Adapter looks like. . It has it's own driver.

https://www.amazon.com/BENFEI-Essential-Accesory-Compatible-Ubiquity/dp/B07MYQPYKR/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=Tripp-lite+Keyspan+Adapter&qid=1601593949&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyVVg0NjZMQUQyOFQmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5ODc3NTAyRUlCWktFV1ZEV0laJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA2MTg1NzcxTTAzWjgwMjFNWTVTJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Can you please send me the driver link for the PCN1000 as Roland says Windows 100 not supported and so doesn't provide the driver?

20 minutes ago, sophie reynolds said:

Can you please send me the driver link for the PCN1000 as Roland says Windows 100 not supported and so doesn't provide the driver?

I found a driver... was making progress (and a little relieved thinking this could actually work) YOU ARE VERY CLEVER :)

and then this happens...

image1(24).jpeg

You find the null modem cable that matches the slot on your cutter and the other end of the  cable is connected to the end of the Tripplite Keyspan adapter,  (9 pin), then the USB end to you computer.  It can be connected to any vinyl cutter with the correct pin null modem cable.    No. I don't have a link for a driver. 

2 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

You find the null modem cable that matches the slot on your cutter and that cable is connected to the end of the Tripplite Keyspan adapter,  9 pin then the USB end to you computer.    

Hi, its 3am here and I'm still searching for the cable.  Can you please take a photo of the one you have so that I can see what it looks like?  Many thanks in advance.  Sorry I'm assuming you have the same serial pin as me :)

I have no use for one, I run a Graphtec with USB  on an XP laptop. I never said I had one. I am talking from years of reading posts on this forum.  I have no idea how many pins you have on that connection, on your cutter. Your the one that knows that. 

These are null modem cables,  You have to find the male or female and the correct pins that work for your cutter. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=null+modem+cable&_sacat=0

9 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

I have no use for one, I run a Graphtec with USB  on an XP laptop. I never said I have one. I am talking from years of reading posts on this forum.  I have no idea how many pins you have on that connection, on your cutter. Your the one that knows that. 

Hi, I'm still up searching high and low for the adapter you are talking about.  It's 3.30am here and I would love to get some sleep but my brain won't shut off until I can resolve the issue.  I've done everything correctly from what I can tell.  I have documented EVERY step that I've taken. 

I had to buy another old laptop so that I could run windows XP, have a very old version of flexisign and also pulled out the driver for my CAMM-1 PNC-960.  It would appear that the adapter could be the only issue.  I checked out ebay and it would appear that my adapter is a plug and play - that doesn't require a driver.  So now I really am lost.

I tried to find the driver for PNC-1000 for windows 10 but unfortunately it didn't download as I thought would have been idea to use on my newer laptop.  I'm just a bit confused and not sure what more I can do.  Thanks for getting back to me though.  I really appreciate someone being on the other side of keyboard and I work alone and this has been extremely frustrating. 

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

There are several on UK EBay    I showed you above what it looks like on Amazon.     https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=Tripp-lite+Keyspan+Adapter&_sacat=0

but they are not for parallel ports but for serial ports which have fewer pins so none of those will work with my cutter.  They seem to only be available in the US... which is not very helpful as I'm in the UK

8 minutes ago, sophie reynolds said:

but they are not for parallel ports but for serial ports which have fewer pins so none of those will work with my cutter.  They seem to only be available in the US... which is not very helpful as I'm in the UK

why do you think you need a parallel port when serial port works just fine?   What cable ever came with that cutter that you were cutting with anyway on the first laptop? 

3 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

why do you think you need a parallel port when serial port works just fine? 

It won't fit... i've taken a photo of the current adapter and don't have a serial port

image1(25).jpeg

1 minute ago, sophie reynolds said:

It won't fit... i've taken a photo of the current adapter and don't have a serial port

image1(25).jpeg

That is a parallel cable shown, either should work with the right drivers, but you are fighting a 20+ year old plotter , I had one once 

• Like 1

Just now, Dakotagrafx said:

That is a parallel cable shown, either should work with the right drivers, but you are fighting a 20+ year old plotter , I had one once 

plotter still works fine though.  Had it not been for the unfortunate issue of me dropping the laptop, I'd still be using it.

I've been searching on the web on my parallel cable and it appears that its a plug and play as I first thought.  So in other words, no driver is necessary.

I've asked lots of people who are selling them from all over the world, taiwan, new jersey, ireland, london, shropshire if they can tell me how this works and hopefully at least someone will get back to me in the morning.  I've told them that for some reason my software cannot communicate with the cutter and if they could provide me with the link of a driver.  Lets see what they say.